** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'm just gonna keep singing the same song, Scott is N and has been for over a week 

I don’t disagree with you big guy, I’m just spreading what’s on twitter. I’m confident in your info, I only posted for the people talking about plan B options.

To everyone who is afraid because of past coaching searches, ya gotta admit this one has been a little different. Way more smoke than with Tressell to be sure. This is more like nabbing Bo Pelini except Frost has way more potential.  But it seems like it's who the fans want and everything seems to be flowing naturally. Trash season for us but our candidate is having a stellar year. A lot of similarities. 

• Plus1 1

Gruden is absolute football savant. I’m a Buccaneers fan and watched firsthand as he won a Super Bowl and kept that team relevant despite a cheap and completely inept ownership group. He eats, breathes, and sleeps football. If a college team could get him signed, he would be a rockstar head coach. Between being a sports celebrity and his personal charisma, he’d leave Saban and Meyer in the dust on the recruiting trail. Can you imagine him in living rooms convincing moms to send their kids to his school?

So I get why his name is always in the mix. If a school could land him, he’d be an amazing head coach.

3 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

Agreed. Petersen is probably one of the top 3-5 college coaches in the country. And based on personality and character, I’d prefer him to snakes like Saban and Meyer. 

I'd put him in the same category as Saban and Meyer. But between the 3 of them, Petersen seems like the coach that I would most want to play for. The other two come across as crusty and egotistical. Petersen seems far more relatable and down to earth, which I think makes him the tip coach in the country even though he doesn't have any rings.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

This is an interesting list of coaches to replace HCMR. However, only one of them is correct-the first one! GBR!

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/26/16674630/nebraska-coach-candidates-mike-riley-fired

From those 17 I'd add two and go for in order:
Frost
Fisher
Norvell
Bohl
Mullen
Niumatalolo
Leach
Venebles
Miles

Peterson wasn't on the list, I'm thinking for a reason.

Edited by Hayseed

I would love it if we got a press conference scheduled for tonight. Frost comes out and says in lite of the fact we already pounded Memphis once this year, I am not too concerned about distractions. So we are officially announcing I will be the next head coach of Nebraska. Oh by the way where are my runza fries 

19 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

Tennessee fans seem to think they have landed Chris Petersen. I’ll be disappointed if he’s available and we didn’t pounce on him. He’s an absolute all-star and an even better get than Frost.

Their AD was up in Washington this past week, so they think he was there talking to Petersen... instead, he was likely talking to Leach. 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

Gruden is absolute football savant. I’m a Buccaneers fan and watched firsthand as he won a Super Bowl and kept that team relevant despite a cheap and completely inept ownership group. He eats, breathes, and sleeps football. If a college team could get him signed, he would be a rockstar head coach. Between being a sports celebrity and his personal charisma, he’d leave Saban and Meyer in the dust on the recruiting trail. Can you imagine him in living rooms convincing moms to send their kids to his school?

So I get why his name is always in the mix. If a school could land him, he’d be an amazing head coach.

I think he'd be amazing too, but he'd have to prove that he can build relationships with HS kids and coaches... I think he would do really really well, but until he proves that he can, it's hard to justify $7 or $8m per year on a guy.

Do most Buc's fans regret firing him? I know his team's kind of stalled out in the end, and sometimes fresh faces are necessary, but that has to be one of the worst decisions in the history of the NFL.

Edited by Oade