** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

It sounds like we need to make preparations for Frost's arrival.  Is memorial stadium cleaned up after Friday's mess?  Can we get a fresh coat of red asphalt on 180?  Have the championship trophies been dusted off?  Probably nobodies been in that trophy case for 20 years.  Does he need a temporary place to stay or will he crash at his parent's place?  Has Runza been contacted to cater the reception?  I heard he likes to hunt pheasant.  Can we get some land stocked with pheasants?  Does he hunt other animals... buffalo, badgers, hawkeyes, gophers?  

My basement is open, they can stay here 

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

One thing I don't understand is the talk that Florida is a top 5 job.  I've heard their facilities aren't all that great, and the politics there are a nightmare.

It's not a great job, but it has a lot of potential. It's essentially the Bo Pelini of colleges. Has a lot to offer, but the few negatives far outweigh the positives.

• Plus1 3

Although it won't happen, because I agree with what Fowler said, but how awesome if Frost just came out announced he's the next head coach and then went back to prep for UCF champ game. And really as long as he's signed the papers to be our head coach and we know about it, let the guy coach in his bowl game if he wants. I've said it before, if it's a NY6 bowl game it'll be free publicity for Nebraska and maybe help in recruiting as the announcers all game will talk about how Frost turned UCF around in just 2 seasons, has them unbeaten and he is going to Nebraska next year.

Going back to what Fowler said, that many programs can't be trusted in not leaking the news, but Moos can, it sets the foundation of a great relationship between Moos, NU, and Frost moving forward. This trust and grand welcoming has the making of a very good working relationship between Moos and Frost. I foresee Frost being at Nebraska for a very long, long time.

25 minutes ago, huskersrule95 said:

Dont worry. People will need confirmation from you at least another 50 times over the next week till he is hired. Lol 

50 times PER DAY.  (not me, but the way some people post it's like they have to continuously check the mirror to see that their hair isn't on fire)

• Plus1 1

Sounds like it's easy to be a coach at two places, even only for about a month.  I have no idea what coaches do on the off-season.

Would anyone give a short description what coaches do during that time, besides recruiting?  Moos had mentioned getting the athletes

to classes in the PC.  Athletes need their hands held to get to class?  (okay, some might :D ).  

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Although it won't happen, because I agree with what Fowler said, but how awesome if Frost just came out announced he's the next head coach and then went back to prep for UCF champ game. And really as long as he's signed the papers to be our head coach and we know about it, let the guy coach in his bowl game if he wants. I've said it before, if it's a NY6 bowl game it'll be free publicity for Nebraska and maybe help in recruiting as the announcers all game will talk about how Frost turned UCF around in just 2 seasons, has them unbeaten and he is going to Nebraska next year.

Going back to what Fowler said, that many programs can't be trusted in not leaking the news, but Moos can, it sets the foundation of a great relationship between Moos, NU, and Frost moving forward. This trust and grand welcoming has the making of a very good working relationship between Moos and Frost. I foresee Frost being at Nebraska for a very long, long time.

If there is any way to make it work, Frost coaching in the bowl game would be the most spectacular thing ever.  Imagine how difficult it would be for the ESPN announcers to have to say that Frost took the Nebraska job and turned down Florida, Tennessee, possibly Arkansas.  

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

If there is any way to make it work, Frost coaching in the bowl game would be the most spectacular thing ever.  Imagine how difficult it would be for the ESPN announcers to have to say that Frost took the Nebraska job and turned down Florida, Tennessee, possibly Arkansas.  

This just in, UCF's NY6 bowl will not be televised by ESPN.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I feel that way, too... so far. If he lands Frost, he'll be one of my favorite people on the planet. If not, well... :(

Agreed.  He’s got one moment, he’s gotta own it, he better never let it go, he’s only got one shot, he can’t miss this opportunity...it comes once in a lifetime....

• Plus1 1