** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, GamingGlen said:

ugh.. fake shakes... how about Goodrich malts?   (yeah, not the same since the company closed down and a 3rd party now makes the ice cream).

Man, I miss those malts.  :( 

How about a Frost Runza? Instead of bread it's cake. Instead of meat filling it's ice cream?

21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Sumlin is headed to Arizona State, so fans won't have to worry about how much Moos likes him for Nebraska.

Sumlin to ASU would be a great fit.  He really only needs to do 2 things.  One is not be Todd Graham who makes the people in the Shed's D-Bag HOF look like saints and win 7+ games per year.  

• Plus1 1

The word is the coaching/agent profession is that Taggart wants back in the south in the worst way.  He has a very good gig at Oregon but it isn't a natural fit for him.  It was the big knock on Oregon when they hired him in the first place that he wasn't a good fit.  

Also Sumlin to Arizona State is a great move all-around for both parties.  Can't freaking stand the douche bag Graham in general! 

Edited by BartonHusker
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Ok....I am confused in something. 

Why hey do people think that Taggart is going to leave Oregon?

I think Taggart is a real possibility for the Florida job or Florida St. job. I think he doesn't like the weather at Oregon. He is from Florida, he currently has the top recruiting class but I think more than half of his recruits are from the state of Florida. If coaching a major program within the state of Florida is a dream job for him, this may be the best chance for him to take that chance. Very easy to flip his current recruiting class, since so many commits are from Florida, and he could have two chances with FSU and UF opened.

Add in Chip Kelly going to UCLA and having a similar offensive style as his and he suddenly has to try to keep things winning in Eugene with a pipeline to Florida, which is very unlikely to last.

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Word on the street is that Norvell was vetted by a few schools, and then eliminated from consideration due to something in his past. The rumor is that it has something to do with gambling, and is a major issue that no major school will want to have revealed down the line if he were to be hired.

Just for conversation, how would Bob Devaney have vetted out? How times have changed. 

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I can't understand Arizona State firing their coach. He was 44-30. The previous coach was 31-31, the previous was 40-34, the previous was 58-47.

He has the best winning % they've had since a 3 year coach from 85-87 and his record had improved this year from last year. They should have given him at least 1 year to see if he could bring the record back up.

Todd Graham is a mega d-bag.  ASU is taking a page out of Nebraska's playbook w/ Pelini.

Plus you've got Sumlin floating out there who from all accounts is a good and decent guy.

4 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I think Taggart is a real possibility for the Florida job or Florida St. job. I think he doesn't like the weather at Oregon. He is from Florida, he currently has the top recruiting class but I think more than half of his recruits are from the state of Florida. If coaching a major program within the state of Florida is a dream job for him, this may be the best chance for him to take that chance. Very easy to flip his current recruiting class, since so many commits are from Florida, and he could have two chances with FSU and UF opened.

Add in Chip Kelly going to UCLA and having a similar offensive style as his and he suddenly has to try to keep things winning in Eugene with a pipeline to Florida, which is very unlikely to last.

I could definitely see Taggart going to UF.  I think Taggart would be willing to grant some of the ridiculous concessions that UF's boosters/AD would put on him in exchange for getting back to the South.  I'm still not sure if Taggart is a good coach in all honesty but there is zero doubt that he isn't an out of this world recruiter.

Edited by Xmas32
Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Besides the incredible facilities at Oregon, and the showcase of the Nike brand, Oregon has no business being good or even getting top recruiting classes. Eugene is very remote compared to other big established programs in the conference.

You realize you basically just described Nebraska right?

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

So....because he’s from Florida, people think he doesn’t like the weather in Florida and wants to leave?  

Hes sitting at at a school lift endless resources and has played for a championship recently. And has a great class coming in. 

I just dont see that it. 

21 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Also we all need to go to Wendy's and order 7 Frosty's.

On our way home from seeing Frost coach against Navy, we stopped at a rest area that had a Wendy's, and I was symbolically going to get a Frosty... and they were OUT.  I was pretty dejected that I couldn't get a Frost-y that day.  I took that as a bad sign.  But, then oddly, I opened the freezer door at work last week, and someone had put a Frosty in there so I stole it because i felt i had been robbed a few weeks ago.  (No, i didnt actually steal it.)

• Plus1 1