** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, bisonwiches said:

It’s tough down there, seems like Stricklin wanted Kelly, Spurrier wanted Frost and I read over there a couple bigger boosters were pushing Strong. Which is fine, that’s why you vet and interview everyone, but it seems each faction publicly voiced their opinion in one way or another.

That's why Hedley said that everyone who fired their coaches mid-season is playing checkers, while Moos is playing chess. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Redux said:

It's not like he's had a choice, every time in front of media Frost is brought up immediately.  If for some reason it doesn't happen the worst thing he has said were that people talked to people. If it didn't happen, you have to make the fan base forget quickly,  a big name and all star staff will do that.

It's gonna be Frost, I know this.  I'm just being timid because of last time...

Cant blame anybody for being a bit timid after our 3 previous screwups but the evidence is simply overwhelming this time. The nail in the coffin- There is no reason Moos wouldn’t already have announced our next coach if it isn’t Frost. He is the only one it makes any sense to delay that announcement for. Riley being gone hasn’t been in question since the day Eichorst was fired. Moos has had nothing but time to find his replacement. If it were going to be anyone besides Frost, we’d already know who it was. No way they play around with recruiting like this unless there is a very good reason. It’s Scott Frost...final answer.

Chip to UCLA 

Frost to NU

Taggart to UF

Mullen to Tennessee

Fleck to Oregon

Bielma to UCF

Mahlzan to Arkansas

Helfrich to Miss State

Fisher to TAMU

Sumlin to ASU

Strong to FSU

Miles to Auburn

Pelini to Minnesota

How's that for calling your shot?

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1

The biggest problem with Florida's coaching search is it seems they did zero legwork before firing McElwein. Also, I've always felt it's a pretty bad look firing a coach mid-season. I don't think that makes your program look good in the eyes of potential coaches. It would be an extremely embarrassing thing to have happen to you and the coaches thinking about coming there are now aware it can happen to them.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 2