** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

35 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Gruden-Saban-Osborne 

How does Gruden even belong with those names?

Answer:  He Doesn’t.

He basically has no college coaching experience and is a career .500 NFL coach. I’d go crazy if my AD gave this guy $5M.  But he’s great on TV.

I will never understand the Gruden hype.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

Maybe it's just the want to win at the highest level, but I don't think Fuente has done anything more than Bo Pelini.  I enjoyed Bo Pelini, but he couldn't get it done on any big stage.  I agree the ACC is getting deeper as the years go on, but until Fuente wins something other than a Belk bowl I'm a little underwhelmed.  Scott will bring a presence to this program that nobody else could bring at this point, especially in regards to his season he's having this year.

I'm not comparing Frost and Fuente as candidates. Fuente is Frosts backup. But he has a more established resume than Bo had when he came here. Fuente is competing for division titles in the ACC which in my opinion is the second best conference in the country and its close. If we can't land Frost, who is a better option than Fuente?

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Moos commented a few weeks ago that the triple option style offense that Ken runs is better suited for the military academies.  I don't think he would be a serious option.

Sorry, I missed that comment.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

I'm not comparing Frost and Fuente as candidates. Fuente is Frosts backup. But he has a more established resume than Bo had when he came here. Fuente is competing for division titles in the ACC which in my opinion is the second best conference in the country and its close. If we can't land Frost, who is a better option than Fuente?

I highly doubt Fuente would leave his current gig, anyway. He has a good thing going there, and he has a large buyout.

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Sorry, I missed that comment.

I highly doubt Fuente would leave his current gig, anyway. He has a good thing going there, and he has a large buyout.

That may be but crazier things have happened on the coaching carousel. I just see people acting like Fuente would be a bad hire if Frost says no and I just don't get that.

47 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Gruden-Saban-Osborne 

How does Gruden even belong with those names?

Answer:  He Doesn’t.

He basically has no college coaching experience and is a career .500 NFL coach. I’d go crazy if my AD gave this guy $5M.  But he’s great on TV.

It was tounge in cheek...

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Tennessee will be announcing soon ... it'll be either Campbell, Mullen, or Schiano. Most fans think it will be Campbell or Mullen. Remember that guy last week who was saying Frost to the Vols was a 99% certainty :lol:

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/espns-chris-low-names-top-3-candidates-tennessee-job-expects-announcement-come-soon

99% guy has no credibillity now. 

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

That may be but crazier things have happened on the coaching carousel. I just see people acting like Fuente would be a bad hire if Frost says no and I just don't get that.

That's because for those folks it's Frost or bust at this point. I want Frost as much as the next Husker fan, but he's not the only good coach out there. 

• Plus1 2

30 minutes ago, lo country said:

If we are really going to spend some cash on a staff, I'd love to look at Venables as DC....That Clemson D is nasty.  Kevin Steele as well...

Unsure who Frost (if coming) would bring....I'm not a fan of the 3-4 unless we have the horses.  If Chinander comes, he appears to run a more multiple 3-4.....

Every indication that I've seen seems to believe that Frost would bring most of his staff with him. His DC is supposedly a fast riser in the business.

Just now, BIGREDIOWAN said:

That's because for those folks it's Frost or bust at this point. I want Frost as much as the next Husker fan, but he's not the only good coach out there. 

^ This.  Frost is definitely my top choice, but if he were to say not to NU (for whatever reason), I won't hold it against him and move on.  I think Fuente would be a very good Plan B.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

If Frost says no, and I am Bill Moos, I make David Shaw tell me no. Offer him 10m/year at 7 years. 

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The good news is from the sounds of it there won't need to be a second option.  Good business is having a backup plan though, I'd that were the case.  Fuente wouldn't be a bad choice if we want wins.  I would hope he could compete in the west.  It would be great to have Petersen.