** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, Keith.Wassung said:

Totally Hypothetical Situation/Question:

If Frost had given Moos anything but an solid YEs, ie,  "I am leaning towards it, will make a decision after the Dec, 2 game, etc, etc.......

Do you think Moos would have risked it or would have wanted a definitive answer one way or the other?

Moos has a definite answer and I believe it's not just verbal.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

This guy in Florida claims to have a source

This is the s#!t that drives me crazy.  His wife would rather stay in Florida then let her husband potentially chase his dream?  Don’t see it.  Plus they’ll be making maybe twice as much at Nebraska, with the possibility of never having to relocate again.

I call bulls#!t.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Moos is not going to sit around and watch his list vanish if Scott hasn't said he is coming. If Scott said he is coming he will not go back on his word as TO etc would know his commitment to us. 

I find it impossible that he has been sitting on our offer for nearly a month and an extension from UCF for nearly the same amount of time while passing up offers from UF, UT etc. A big time coach does not stay at UCF over his dream job which there is no promise he will ever have a chance at again in his life. 

• Plus1 5
2 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

This is the s#!t that drives me crazy.  His wife would rather stay in Florida then let her husband potentially chase his dream?  Don’t see it.  Plus they’ll be making maybe twice as much at Nebraska, with the possibility of never having to relocate again.

I call bulls#!t.

If you read the bolded a few times over, it doesn't sound that far-fetched, really.

Well, I have read the quotes from his DC saying how "we love Orlando and don't want to leave" so that part checks out somewhat... of course I think he's just hinting that he wants the HC position. I guess it's possible that some of his coordinators are saying they want to stay, but I figured Frost would likely tell them that he's leaving, and if they want to come that's great, but if they want to stay behind he'll understand that too

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Moos is not going to sit around and watch his list vanish if Scott hasn't said he is coming. If Scott said he is coming he will not go back on his word as TO etc would know his commitment to us. 

I find it impossible that he has been sitting on our offer for nearly a month and an extension from UCF for nearly the same amount of time while passing up offers from UF, UT etc. A big time coach does not stay at UCF over his dream job which there is no promise he will ever have a chance at again in his life. 

To piggy back on this, I would be extremely extremely surprised if UCF and Nebraska don't both know he is coming to Nebraska. The idea he has not made up his mind is crazy, he may be torn and feeling bad but no way he hasn't committed. Both universities need to know how to plan and move forward 

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Well, I have read the quotes from his DC saying how "we love Orlando and don't want to leave" so that part checks out somewhat... of course I think he's just hinting that he wants the HC position. I guess it's possible that some of his coordinators are saying they want to stay, but I figured Frost would likely tell them that he's leaving, and if they want to come that's great, but if they want to stay behind he'll understand that too

Could it be some assistants are not getting asked to come so to help save face 'they are "choosing" to stay? 

1 hour ago, lo country said:

My opinion is this, Chinander says that he likes it at UCF and Frost's decision to leave is hard and would be hard for any of them i.e. Frost asks them to come to NU.  The staff is focused on Memphis and he hopes to be here.  He is campaigning for the HC offer.  If he's asked to go with Frost, it will be a hard decision for some of the staff.  If Chin is offered, he will be more apt to try and keep what he can together....

Just my .02. 

Agreed, anyone offered that job will jump in a second. To get that same opportunity is a pretty solid job. Offers greater opportunity that Frost saw and optimized to the fullest.

8 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

To piggy back on this, I would be extremely extremely surprised if UCF and Nebraska don't both know he is coming to Nebraska. The idea he has not made up his mind is crazy, he may be torn and feeling bad but no way he hasn't committed. Both universities need to know how to plan and move forward 

Also I got to thinking about the rumor of UCF meeting with frost Sunday and requesting an answer. Then Monday frost was kind of emotional in presser. Maybe breaking the news to UCF had him on edge and why he broke poker face Monday? 

24 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't buy this for a second. The decision has been made or Moos isn't the silent assassin I think he is. If it isn't made and Frost stays at UCF we're in trouble and Moos is going to get run out of town.

13 minutes ago, Horace said:

I don't buy this for a second. The decision has been made or Moos isn't the silent assassin I think he is. If it isn't made and Frost stays at UCF we're in trouble and Moos is going to get run out of town.

A potential disaster for sure.  Even the most confident believers must be a little gun shy given the past 15 years.  

I still whole-heartedly believe Frost is coming for lack of any other coaching rumors .  But I do inwardly cringe of the thought of him not coming and will be very relieved when an official announcement is made.  

• Plus1 2