** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, worldsworstoutdoorsman said:

I'm not sure the Nebraska AD should be forcing coordinator hires onto the next coach, no matter the pedigree.  It didn't exactly work out this year.

Wholeheartedly agree.  But, maybe that's who Frost indicated to Moos, and there's vetting and legwork being done now in advance.

Hey, a girl can dream anyway, right?

• Plus1 2

Just now, Dilly Dilly said:

Wholeheartedly agree.  But, maybe that's who Frost indicated to Moos, and there's vetting and legwork being done now in advance.

Hey, a girl can dream anyway, right?

We can dream. but coaches don't typically hire outside of their connections.  There may be one with Billy, but I don't see it.

2 minutes ago, worldsworstoutdoorsman said:

I'm not sure the Nebraska AD should be forcing coordinator hires onto the next coach, no matter the pedigree.  It didn't exactly work out this year.

I wonder if Frost had a hand in this especially since Scott wrote out the terms of his employment via his agent and I'm thinking Scott would want full control over picking his staff. This whole process with Moos-Scott's agent has been going on for a long time. I would venture to guess that they've hammered the staff out as well.  Only speculation on my part of course.:)

2 minutes ago, tyrone_biggums said:

That's ok. We should start a Scott Frost Mega Party Thread once it is announced.

I thought the celebration would be a good sendoff for this megathread. Sadly I think it will end with a dry Moos announcement. IDK, maybe I've become too attached to megathread.

2 minutes ago, worldsworstoutdoorsman said:

We can dream. but coaches don't typically hire outside of their connections.  There may be one with Billy, but I don't see it.

Again, I agree, but who's left as an OC that Scott would think is big time enough for this gig?  If Troy Walters is rumored to be a HC somewhere (UCF?), and maybe Mark Helfrich is going with Chip or another smaller gig... I'm curios as to who he'd start looking at outside of his ties.

1 minute ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Again, I agree, but who's left as an OC that Scott would think is big time enough for this gig?  If Troy Walters is rumored to be a HC somewhere (UCF?), and maybe Mark Helfrich is going with Chip or another smaller gig... I'm curios as to who he'd start looking at outside of his ties.

Napier would also be giving up play calling duties, he currently calls plays at ASU.