** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

It's weird that I quoted your post and offered some rhetorical advice, and then you took offense, even though I was literally doing the same thing that you just did to a different poster :lol:

Snark begets snark my friend. I've previously posted in here about being careful of getting ahead of ourselves, but if you paint everyone who says anything along the lines of, "Hey let's hold on a second" as a cynical ass, then I'm gonna give you grief for it.

1 hour ago, Jack Platte said:

Don't get too excited yet.  I remember people doing backflips after Callahan's first full year when he recruited some highly rated players - Marlon Lucky and Harrison Beck come to mind? - with people almost wetting third pants with predictions of immediate return to glory,  NC's in two years, Heisman Trophies, etc.  Beck transferred, Lucky was just fairly good, and Callahan fell flat on his face.

I remember most Nebraska fans I knew feeling like Bill Callahan was at best the 5th choice.  But the purpose of this is not to dwell on a bad, utter failure from the past, but to look ahead to the positive future.

It gets talked about quite a bit, and some dismiss it as though it doesn't matter, but Nebraska is a very unique place.  We're mostly never going to get the truly elite recruits.  We'll get our share of great players, but what has always set Nebraska apart was the work ethic and want of the players within the program.  In all of our national championship teams, from a recruiting rankings stand-point, Miami, Florida, and Tennessee all were stacked with more highly rated players from top to bottom and across the entire roster.  But we beat Miami and beat the stuffing out of Florida and Tennessee because we worked harder and wanted it more.  That's what the hiring of Scott Frost means to many (including me) fans of this program.  Scott Frost grew up in Nebraska, played here his final three years, and he understands how hard the players have to work to be great.  He understands what Nebraska's fans want.  He understands the importance of the football team to identity of the state.  And finally, he understands what it takes to get to, and play at, an elite level because he's been there and done that both as player and as a coach.  In summary, he's a far better fit for this University than the last three of our previous head coaches combined.

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

It's weird that I quoted your post and offered some rhetorical advice, and then you took offense, even though I was literally doing the same thing that you just did to a different poster :lol:

Snark begets snark my friend. I've previously posted in here about being careful of getting ahead of ourselves, but if you paint everyone who says anything along the lines of, "Hey let's hold on a second" as a cynical ass, then I'm gonna give you grief for it.

There’s a time and a place for everything. This is a day of great optimism for the program and people want to be optimistic and dream of better days ahead. There will be plenty of time to temper expectations. Most of the posters here are perfectly able to understand the difference between expectations and reality. I understand that you see your function here is to lecture speak condescendingly to the unwashed yokels who fail to grasp your perfect insight. And you do a great job with that. Really you do! And I  know we can count on you to keep doing so. A shining beacon of knowledge and insight we can all aspire to you are. But for one damn day a little irrational exuberance isn’t gonna hurt anything 

• Plus1 8
1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

There’s a time and a place for everything. This is a day of great optimism for the program and people want to be optimistic and dream of better days ahead. There will be plenty of time to temper expectations. Most of the posters here are perfectly able to understand the difference between expectations and reality. I understand that you see your function here is to lecture speak condescendingly to the unwashed yokels who fail to grasp your perfect insight. And you do a great job with that. Really you do! And I  know we can count on you to keep doing so. A shining beacon of knowledge and insight we can all aspire to you are. But for one damn day a little irrational exuberance isn’t gonna hurt anything 

Once again, as you try to insult and explain how I'm a condescending snob on a high horse, you are doing the exact same thing you're accusing me of :dunno

7 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Once again, as you try to insult and explain how I'm a condescending snob on a high horse, you are doing the exact same thing you're accusing me of :dunno

Just trying to speak to you in the only language you understand. You’re right(let’s be honest you’ve never been wrong about anything have you?),  I am speaking to you like you speak to others. The difference is you talk down to everyone. I just save it for you

Edited by olddominionhusker
  • Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Props to @brophog for starting this awesome thread.

Also, not sure if everyone has seen the video of Frost meeting with former players in the weight room today?  Looked like the room was full, and many different eras represented.  Pretty heart thumping moment.

Link?

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

You’re right(let’s be honest you’ve never been wrong about anything have you?)

I've been wrong tons and tons of times. Many of them very public record on this board. I don't ever think I am, but then again if people thought they were wrong they would change their minds wouldn't they? :lol:

Thing is I don't think I make a lot of affirmative posts or claims about things in the football forum, but sorry if I come across self righteous. I probably am, but I try not to be.

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

I've been wrong tons and tons of times. Many of them very public record on this board. I don't ever think I am, but then again if people thought they were wrong they would change their minds wouldn't they? :lol:

Thing is I don't think I make a lot of affirmative posts or claims about things in the football forum, but sorry if I come across self righteous. I probably am, but I try not to be.

Fair enough. Let’s bury it. People don’t wanna read this stuff on a day like today

• Plus1 1