** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

UCF challenged their fans to step up to the plate and prove how much they want Frost to stay, and they failed miserably. Even if they had met their goal, it still would've been chump change next to what Nebraska will offer. I see the UCF boosters trying to challenge Frost with the "He can either go back to an old dynasty, or he can stay and try to build a new dynasty" spiel

I didn't see how their bake sale turned out.  What was the result?  Didn't Frost kick in some money too?  I don't think he's being quiet to get a raise.

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I also noticed that the UCF AD hasn't said anything over the past couple of weeks (unless I missed something) -- makes me think that Frost may have told him, "Hey, I just want to let you know that if Nebraska comes calling I'm likely going to accept their offer"

I tell my boss the same. 

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

s#!t I'm lucky if I make it 5 minutes. Hence huskerboard rehab 

You need help my friend.  Start with trying to stay away from HB for 1/2 hour the first day and increase that by 1/2 hour each day after.  At season's end be sure to resume your obsessive behavior so you don't miss anything.

I've never thought it was impossible that Frost would stay at UCF for another year, but the renegotiation of his salary would be interesting to say the least. If UCF dramatically upped Scott's salary, wouldn't they want a significant increase in his buyout? Frost is certainly holding some great cards in this entire situation.

51 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

What is this?  Totally disagree. 

BigRedN says to you,  "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven ... when you +1 this post to that degree ... then your wish shall be granted you."

49 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

How long do you think you'll be campaigning for rep points? Asking for a friend.

This should be a bannable offense.

1 minute ago, Kernel Red said:

I've never thought it was impossible that Frost would stay at UCF for another year, but the renegotiation of his salary would be interesting to say the least. If UCF dramatically upped Scott's salary, wouldn't they want a significant increase in his buyout? Frost is certainly holding some great cards in this entire situation.

This is the kind of thing that bothers me. If in 2012 in an interview, he said NU was his dream job...if that's the case, why take more money to eliminate funding toward assistants he wants.

He doesn't seem like that kind of guy to me.

1 minute ago, Coach Power'T said:

This is the kind of thing that bothers me. If in 2012 in an interview, he said NU was his dream job...if that's the case, why take more money to eliminate funding toward assistants he wants.

He doesn't seem like that kind of guy to me.

Same here, don't think money matters in the end to him. If Nebraska is truly his dream job he takes it this year because this will be the only time it is available for at least the next 4 years and if the next coach is successful then Frost will be looking at even longer before the job opens up again. Seems like if this is what you want, if this is your dream job, then you take it now or gamble not ever having the chance again.