** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Coach Power'T said:

This is the kind of thing that bothers me. If in 2012 in an interview, he said NU was his dream job...if that's the case, why take more money to eliminate funding toward assistants he wants.

He doesn't seem like that kind of guy to me.

The whole Assistant Coach question is an interesting one. Sure we are going to pay big bucks for Scott Frost. But how much are we going to give him for assistants?

LSU led the NCAA in 2016 with almost $5.8M for assistants. Clemson was 2nd with almost $5.4M. Alabama was only $70K behind Clemson. Nebraska was 20th on that list, with $3.75M. Central Florida spent $2.13M on assistants. Source (click the column heading you want to sort on).

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Same here, don't think money matters in the end to him. If Nebraska is truly his dream job he takes it this year because this will be the only time it is available for at least the next 4 years and if the next coach is successful then Frost will be looking at even longer before the job opens up again. Seems like if this is what you want, if this is your dream job, then you take it now or gamble not ever having the chance again.

The notion that money doesn't matter to Scott in the end seems hard to believe unless he is just going to stay at UCF for the same amount he makes now. I just find it hard to believe that Scott doesn't want to make more money for his family and his assistant coaches no matter where he's at. I'm guessing there are coaches that have turned down larger salaries, I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

2 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

The notion that money doesn't matter to Scott in the end seems hard to believe unless he is just going to stay at UCF for the same amount he makes now. I just find it hard to believe that Scott doesn't want to make more money for his family and his assistant coaches no matter where he's at. I'm guessing there are coaches that have turned down larger salaries, I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

No I guess that isn't fully what I meant. I think money matters to him, but not the main drive for him to take a certain job. I think he obviously would enjoy a pay raise which Nebraska can offer him. I am just saying I think if we offer 4 million or 6 million, Frost won't turn Nebraska down for the 4 mil and wanting the 6 mil.

3 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

The whole Assistant Coach question is an interesting one. Sure we are going to pay big bucks for Scott Frost. But how much are we going to give him for assistants?

LSU led the NCAA in 2016 with almost $5.8M for assistants. Clemson was 2nd with almost $5.4M. Alabama was only $70K behind Clemson. Nebraska was 20th on that list, with $3.75M. Central Florida spent $2.13M on assistants. Source (click the column heading you want to sort on).

If we retain the current staff we could just eliminate RIley's position since the coordinators do all the coaching anyway.  Riley's just there to give out hugs.  

Maybe the coordinators will do a better job if they each take 1/2 of Riley's salary.  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

The Brink's truck already knows Frost's soon to be Lincoln address.

As a G of 5 school, UCF doesn't have the ability to pay P5 money.  And because of who he is and what he's accomplished, Nebraska is finally going to open the checkbook.

Frost is a true example of a coach who has "done more with less"...........

6 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Best and worst.

The psychological message this will send through the football world if the prodigal son chooses to not return to NU, his school and birthplace, will be catastrophic IMHO.  How bad must things be if "he" chooses not to return.  Talk about a gut punch.  That might do as much harm as hiring a "google search" coach....

• Plus1 2