** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

9 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

If we get Scott Frost, will it feel as good as any win we've had in let's say 10 years?

If we don't get Scott Frost, where does that rank in losses we've had?

CU 2001 - worst loss I've ever seen and the biggest disappointment.

VT 2009 

UT 2009

I rank all 3 of these as the same. 

I was more disappointed about the 2003 win vs Penn State than I was about a whole lot of recent NU losses, but complete apathy set in for me after Pelini's tirade at TAMU, and his actions on the sideline every time after that made me completely despise him and his teams. The hiring of Mike Riley made it even worse for me.

Frost is my cure. 

34 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I didn't see how their bake sale turned out.  What was the result?  Didn't Frost kick in some money too?  I don't think he's being quiet to get a raise.

Frost is quiet because he has a mouth full of cookies, UCF couldn’t raise extra $ so they gave him all the cookies instead!

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Ask them to keep an eye out for any moos sightings 

I'm just looking forward to all of this being done and over with. Now people are having freak outs about rumors of Frost not the #1 target even after an ESPN employee states that Nebraska has made it known that they want Frost as the next head coach. SMH. 

Just now, jessica0 said:

I'm just looking forward to all of this being done and over with. Now people are having freak outs about rumors of Frost not the #1 target even after an ESPN employee states that Nebraska has made it known that they want Frost as the next head coach. SMH. 

Nothing is certain here.. we all need to be a bit careful 

• Plus1 1

The one thing that has kept Nebraska relevant in the football world is our fans, we have great fans, very loyal fans, probably the loyalist. However, the glaring caution about the Nebraska head coaching job is the extremely high expectations created by us, the fans. I mean every time there is a head coach opening at NU the media and everyone else immediately goes to how we fired Solich who was a 9-10 win coach, and Pelini who was a 9 win coach. We get labeled as the program that fires a 9 win coach and who would want to go coach there with those expectations in the "middle of nowhere" referring to recruiting disadvantages.

Well, the argument for those saying Frost stays at UCF or would go elsewhere is because of the lofty expectations. So how about this, why doesn't Moos offer Frost a ridiculous length of job security. Go all in on him and let him know the fans, the university and the football program is willing to be patient. Give Frost a 7-10 year contract and have it written in the contract that if he is fired before the end of his contract it would cost the university a ton of money. Let's show Frost that we are willing to wait and willing to be patient because we believe in his eventual success. Most of all, Nebraska wants Frost to be their coach for the long term.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, RedNebraskan said:

Nothing is certain here.. we all need to be a bit careful 

I'm afraid that train has left the station with Moos as the engineer. 

He's done nothing to slow down the "Frost to Nebraska" train. Nothing.

Having said that, I agree, putting all eggs in one basket seems risky.... unless it never was.