** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, GSG said:

Not sure where UCF is going to get that money though

9 minutes ago, Sparker said:

You guys are all jumping the gun here... he doesn't say per year. I don't think they have that kind of money. Maybe a 5mil raise over 5 years to put him close to 3mil/year.

Am I wrong?

From what I've heard, our bake sale has gone really well. It's definitely possible that we have the money. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, GSG said:

Not sure where UCF is going to get that money though

They're going to turn their stadium into a tourist attraction called "The Football Experience".   Visitors put on pads, hit some tackling dummies, and finally get to run a play up the middle for a TD, behind a fullback so they know where to go.  For the adventurous ones that sign a waiver they get tackled at the 1 yard line where they might fall into the endzone. 

Edited by GamingGlen
  • Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Another potentially bigger problem for UCF is their facilities. While they may be able to come up with $5 million/year for a coach, there's no way they can catch-up to the P5 schools in facilities, especially a place like Nebraska that already has amazing facilities and is just slowly upgrading.

Just out of curiosity, where do Husker fans think UCF's facilities rank out of 130 teams w/o researching them?

Just now, ATS Knight said:

Just out of curiosity, where do Husker fans think UCF's facilities rank out of 130 teams w/o researching them?

I would guess right in the middle of the pack.  Better than most group of 5 schools because of their size and maybe even a little better than schools like Purdue, but not close to successful football schools.  Now I will go look at pictures on the UCF site.

4 minutes ago, GA Husker said:

Chad Morris is the highest paid G5 coach according to this USAToday list at just over 2 million.  So they are going to more than double the next highest G5 coach and put SF int the top 15 of all coaches?  I don't see it.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/ 

I also think it'd be tough to manage resentment when your coach make $5M and you don't have money for anything else (asst coaches, recruiting, travel...etc).

Doesn't make much sense.

• Plus1 1