What Did We Learn?.....Purdue

The Duke

Is it just me or does it piss others off that Riley's wife is around during the press conferences post game, etc. When we hired him he was for real when he said this was one last adventure for him and his wife. I wonder if she stays with him in his hotel room during away games. I mean, the dude could benefit from being football focused only. I don't like how our program and team have been treated like an adventure. It really shows the soft mindset and gee golly attitude he consistently shows in practice, during games on the sidelines, the press conferences, etc. and it has been passed onto our players. You're a professional, you don't need your wife holding your hand prior to and after a job obligation press conference. 

IMG_1615.PNG

2 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

I also learned this staff indeed does have more ways to mismanage the clock. Substituting with the clock running that late in the game?!? WTF?!?

I forgot about that substitution.  That might have been the dumbest, at least as dumb, as going for it on 4th down on your own 25ish in the first quarter while leading.

Edited by gobiggergoredder
  • Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

I absolutely expect to get our doors blown off vs. Penn State. But, it would fit Riley’s M.O. to play spoiler in a big November match-up.

Assuming a touchback, that’d be the 25. Otherwise, I have no faith in our coverage team to stop them at the 20.

I “learned” Langsdoofus needs to have receivers run their routes at least two yards further, rather than posting up in front of the sticks.

I also learned this staff indeed does have more ways to mismanage the clock. Substituting with the clock running that late in the game?!? WTF?!?

So we really did sub on that Play where a ton of time ran off bc that defender was running off the field?  Lmao that is one of the dumbest things I have seen a coach do if that is the case.  It was a spike the ball or snap next Play immediately situation you don’t substitute.

1 minute ago, shyndy said:

So we really did sub on that Play where a ton of time ran off bc that defender was running off the field?  Lmao that is one of the dumbest things I have seen a coach do if that is the case.  It was a spike the ball or snap next Play immediately situation you don’t substitute.

Oh yeah...they were subbing.  I was screaming at the TV.

Similar to when Morgan was on the sideline chillin when they need to run a 2pt conversion.

44 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

Is it just me or does it piss others off that Riley's wife is around during the press conferences post game, etc. When we hired him he was for real when he said this was one last adventure for him and his wife. I wonder if she stays with him in his hotel room during away games. I mean, the dude could benefit from being football focused only. I don't like how our program and team have been treated like an adventure. It really shows the soft mindset and gee golly attitude he consistently shows in practice, during games on the sidelines, the press conferences, etc. and it has been passed onto our players. You're a professional, you don't need your wife holding your hand prior to and after a job obligation press conference. 

IMG_1615.PNG

Coach Riley's wife needs him and vice versa right now. 

5 hours ago, Enhance said:

Well, similarly to Josh's tweet, you can cheer for the players and team to do well while believing things need to go in a different direction. They aren't mutually exclusive things.

Yeah, I wish more people would do that.

I would say the players “gave great effort” on Saturday, but you wouldn’t know it from reading the comments here.