"Write About That S#!t!"

Mavric

2 hours ago, huskerfan69 said:

so sad. trying to stick it to the fans because they beat purdue by 1? they all know they're losing their jobs...

The comment was directed to the media.  Not sure how you're getting a shot at the fans out of it.  

I'm not really surprised at the comment to be honest.  The staff knows they're on the way out.  If you feel you need to take a shot back at someone you don't like, you're running out of time to do it.  If I were a recruiting assistant knowing that I'm on my last legs and Barfy or Chatelain walked by after calling for my job, the thought of telling them to stick their head where the sun doesn't shine would probably cross my mind.

Edited by Xmas32
8 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Sounds like that "Us vs Them" thing still exists.

I believe this always exists in a program. It's just a matter of how much steam it has at any given time. When things are going well there isn't a lot to complain about. We all know what happens when things aren't going so well.

17 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

The comment was directed to the media.  Not sure how you're getting a shot at the fans out of it.  

I'm not really surprised at the comment to be honest.  The staff knows they're on the way out.  If you feel you need to take a shot back at someone you don't like, you're running out of time to do it.  If I were a recruiting assistant knowing that I'm on my last legs and Barfy or Chatelain walked by after calling for my job, the thought of telling them to stick their head where the sun doesn't shine would probably cross my mind.

I think Mike Riley is a better coach than Dick Chatelain is a writer. To avoid any confusion, I never thought Riley should have been hired in the first place, and actually had to look up who he was when hires, then said wtf hire a .500 coach. 

Edited by I.M. OLD