Transition question

5 hours ago, gorp512 said:

If it's Frost, he will not coach his team in their bowl or do so as the Huskers coach with NU's permission. 

USF isn't a giveaway. CF loses next weekend and Frost is your coach next Monday. 

Scott Frost would want to coach his team and would bet that is a part of any offer..  We don't need an HC until after the first of the year... assists can handle day to day for 2 weeks..

3 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

Scott Frost would want to coach his team and would bet that is a part of any offer..  We don't need an HC until after the first of the year... assists can handle day to day for 2 weeks..

Again, you must be forgetting that recruits can sign in December now. We don't need Frost at NU doing work, but we need to be able to announce he will be coaching our team next year. That part is important. If he would want to keep Keith and Dante (and Parella) and make one of those guys (likely Dante) recruiting coordinator, that could really help us finish out this class strong and hopefully hold on to what we have already. If not, pulling together a solid class will be tougher but still definitely doable. Might need Frost to be more hands on though.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

Do you and others that have been claiming this the last 4-5 weeks not pay attention, or are you just assuming that Bill Moos is a liar?

I really wish Chip would have burned Florida for UCLA and we still get Frost. Moos looks like a genius and anyone who was screaming for Mikes head prior to the end of the year will look like an asshat

To the OP, assuming that Frost is hired by Nebraska, I think there are only two realistic scenarios.

Scenario 1: UCF loses to South Florida on Black Friday.

Nebraska could have Frost hired anywhere between that Friday night and that Sunday.

Scenario 2: UCF beats South Florida on Black Friday and plays in AAC title game.

Nebraska hires Frost on the Sunday or Monday after conference championship weekend.

• Plus1 1

Riley is gone no later than this Saturday.

Depending on UCF/USF outcome Frost is named head coach either next Monday or the following Sunday.

My guess is if UCF goes into the bowl season unbeaten Nebraska will let him coach his season and let him try and conquer a perfect season with his former team.

Either way if the next head coach is Frost, he is named the head coach of Nebraska no later than December 4.

• Plus1 1

On 11/19/2017 at 9:38 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

NU can easily hire a coach that is currently coaching and their team that is going to a bowl.  IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!!!

For example, if it's Frost, they will probably delay the announcement until after the American Conference Championship Game (if UCF beats USF on Friday after Thanksgiving).  So, we are looking at early December to officially name a coach.  I think NU will request the coach to start right away, so that coach probably won't be coaching in that team's bowl game.  There are special circumstances where NU may allow the coach to do the bowl prep and do that job for one more game, but it would have to be a special circumstance.

Agree completely.  I see this as the most likely (ok maybe hopeful) scenario.  Also, there will usually be casuatlies for the current year's recruit class during a change in the HC.  This too shall pass. 

Hasn't Moos just declared that Riley would finish the season?  The season ends on Friday for all purposes of a completed season..........I think we know on Saturday or Sunday.  I also think if we are going to get Frost, that won't happen until after his conference title game, if they win this week.  

Why is this such a hard question to answer?  If Frost is the guy, it will happen.  If Frost isn't the guy, then someone else will happen.  I mean, we will know soon who our next coach is, even if we have to wait for Frost to Coach two or 3 more games if need be.  If not Frost, we might have a new HC, as soon as next weekend..........?