If Frost is hired...recruiting

Garry G

I am curious if there is any indication how recruits in general feel about Frost.  Could he be a name to bring some we have lost back?  Maybe some new with his schemes? Also i have watched and seen some really good freshman at UCF, think any would consider a transfer even if they sit out a year? 

• Plus1 1

In my opinion Frost would evaluate his own guys based on his own criteria of what it takes to win at this level. No disrespect intended toward our players but there's a reason some talented athletes end up at Bowling Green and NDSU, size being one of them. Any other coach we might hire would do the same. Would we win back some guys who backed out on us? Most likely, if they think it'll be what they originally signed up for....actually, much more likely than if the current staff stays.

1 minute ago, Red_Payne said:

Well, if I was a highly coveted dual-threat QB or a 5-star pass rusher & NU hired Frost, I'd be 'N' in a heartbeat... but that's just me.

Frost should recruit at a much higher level than most coaches at Nebraska since TO since kids like to play in a fun offense. He just needs to make sure his assistants are good recruiters. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Frost should recruit at a much higher level than most coaches at Nebraska since TO since kids like to play in a fun offense. He just needs to make sure his assistants are good recruiters. 

IMHO, Frost will do fine in recruiting, probably pretty similar to Bo unless he can win big games.

He will have a hard time recruiting quite as well as Riley was though unless he retains a couple certain recruiters.