Moos Cautions Players to Be Patient

Mavric

16 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

The good thing about Frost as well is that he will keep in-state players home that he wants. Fant has 10 TD receptions this year, equal to all our TEs since 2015. 

The problem there is, Fant didn't want to stay in the state. TO himself couldn't have kept him here. 

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

The problem there is, Fant didn't want to stay in the state. TO himself couldn't have kept him here. 

I hear that is false. The coaching staffs jerked him around some on playing DE or TE . He was also quoted saying Iowa uses their TEs a lot more and they recruited him the hardest. 

7 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I hear that is false. The coaching staffs jerked him around some on playing DE or TE . He was also quoted saying Iowa uses their TEs a lot more and they recruited him the hardest. 

That was on Bo. Fant didn't give Riley the time of day, and held Bo's sins against him. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Isn't the story that Hank Hughes botched it.  Then Riley tired to come in late, but couldn't sway him?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

That was on Bo. Fant didn't give Riley the time of day, and held Bo's sins against him. 

Damon Benning shared a quick story about Fant this monrning on his radio show.  He pretty much says that exact same thing.  Bo screwed up Fant's recruiting, wanting him to play DE.  When Riley came aboard, he tried to contact Fant, but he wouldn't return their calls.  Benning tried to broker connections with Fant and Riley's staff, but it was too little too late.

So, it really sounds like Bo screwed it up.  I had thought it was both staff's screwing it up, so I will say I was wrong.  It wasn't the first time, it won't be the last time.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Damon Benning shared a quick story about Fant this monrning on his radio show.  He pretty much says that exact same thing.  Bo screwed up Fant's recruiting, wanting him to play DE.  When Riley came aboard, he tried to contact Fant, but he wouldn't return their calls.  Benning tried to broker connections with Fant and Riley's staff, but it was too little too late.

So, it really sounds like Bo screwed it up.  I had thought it was both staff's screwing it up, so I will say I was wrong.  It wasn't the first time, it won't be the last time.

This is the story I've heard, from people other than Damon. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’m not attacking you, but sincere question...why the heck did Damon have Fant on the radio two years ago to speak his side of the story and allude to it being Hank Hughes who screwed up the recruiting of Fant? I remember hearing a rumor or story where Riley tried to come in for the save but there was also a family member difficult to work with.

What did I miss two years ago that this was on Bo and not Riley’s staff, or was it a mixture of both?

I certainly wouldn't fault Stanley Morgan for getting an NFL evaluation and declaring if that was his best option. Selfishly, I want him to stay; he's one of my favorite players in recent memory. But he has to do what is best for him.

He was recruited by Pelini. He stayed with us through the transition and new staff. He gave us 3 damned good years playing his heart out, despite HC and OC ineptitude. Assuming Frost comes... Who will be the WR coach? Are we going to run spread offense? Do we have a QB that can? Will Stanley get as many touches/yards? What if he gets hurt? (Westerkamp, Kenny Bell, and DPE probably all had their NFL hopes affected by injuries). 

There is a lot of uncertainty, and this has to be a tough for someone in Stanley's situation. I hope he makes the best decision for him and his family.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Savage Husker said:

I’m not attacking you, but sincere question...why the heck did Damon have Fant on the radio two years ago to speak his side of the story and allude to it being Hank Hughes who screwed up the recruiting of Fant? I remember hearing a rumor or story where Riley tried to come in for the save but there was also a family member difficult to work with.

What did I miss two years ago that this was on Bo and not Riley’s staff, or was it a mixture of both?

I do remember Fant being on Benning's show to announce his college plans, but I don't remember exactly what was said.  I think Fant's dad was heavily involved with Noah's recruiting, but again I don't know a lot of the details.  From Benning's comments this morning, it sounded like Fant had cooled on NU during Bo's recruiting of him.  Riley and his staff tried to contact him, and there was no contact for a few days/weeks, and then Damon tried to broker a contact between the Fants and Riley.  There could be more to the story, but I don't know 100%.

Would it have been great for Fant to be a Husker, 100% yes.  Does it sound like both NU staffs screwed up his recruiting, yes, but it's probably 2/3 Bo and 1/3 Riley.  Is Fant a prima donna for going to Iowa?  Absolutely not.