Quarterback

1 hour ago, Depressed Husker said:

...it’s probably likely and best to just start a true freshman that they nab that has altheictism, Lee couldn’t run Riley’s failure of a offense, no way he has althetic ability to run..he couldn’t even scramble for 3 yards..

Lee had nearly identical stats as the average QB under Riley

...just a solid athlete, perhaps a HS RB who doubles as a QB are everywhere in small schools around country...an athlete can be taught to throw..as needed look at tommie Frazier as object example...probably the best arm of all TOs modern 1990/1997) QBS...people forget how, well touchdown tommie could actually throw..those boot legs were the worst nightmare for defenses....

Teaching someone to throw and teaching someone to throw and makes decisions as a QB are two different things my friend.  

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

I think Tanner lacks the credit hours to transfer again... I am not up on that system, but someone close to the situation told me that.  So, he has a choice... stay/ go pro

Lee is 6 credit hours short of graduating, so he could go thru Spring practice and see how he fits the new offense. He could be a grad transfer after Spring, but it could be tough for him to find a landing spot. I think he will just go pro. In all honesty, Frost may push him to declare for the NFL, especially if he can get a JUCO QB to come to NU. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, olddominionhusker said:

Pretty sure you sit a year unless there are sanctions against the program or are in Grad School 

I thought you could transfer to a different conference or division without sitting out.  Idk.  Still, he sounds like a good one if he's tall and second highest rated QB in country this year and he knows Frost's offense.  

...just a solid athlete, perhaps a HS RB who doubles as a QB are everywhere in small schools around country...an athlete can be taught to throw..as needed look at tommie Frazier as object example...probably the best arm of all TOs modern 1990/1997) QBS...people forget how, well touchdown tommie could actually throw..those boot legs were the worst nightmare for defenses....

No...no.....no. 

• Plus1 1

One underrated aspect of QB's under Frost system is the ability to do play-fakes and other managing of the ball in zone read and other option game.  This is where I think Mackenzie Milton has shined under Frost, and where Mariotta was so talented.  It will be interesting to see if guys like POB and Gebbia are adept in that part of the QB position.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, jcsmhammel said:

I actually thought POB moved pretty well the two times he played. Watching some of UCF games their quarterback wasn't a speed demon but ran the offense well. I think POB can be that guy. 

Maybe not a speed demon, but was fairly quick and elusive.  POB, or even Gebbia may be able to to pull off just enough mobility to be effective in Frost's offense, but I don't think Lee has a chance.  However,  IMO the ideal QB is still yet to be seen.

3 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I loved Tommie, but he was a terrible thrower and I was nervous everytime he went back to pass.  In today's game, a fifty percent completion rating won't cut it.  

Beringer was by far the best passer of TO’s dual threar guys. Sorry if I misspelled his name 

15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

One underrated aspect of QB's under Frost system is the ability to do play-fakes and other managing of the ball in zone read and other option game.  This is where I think Mackenzie Milton has shined under Frost, and where Mariotta was so talented.  It will be interesting to see if guys like POB and Gebbia are adept in that part of the QB position.

And Frost doesn't think every QB needs to be 6'5 225 and slow.