C N Red

Transfers

35 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

We do have a bit of a Georgia movement going. Lets make this happen.

yes baby Jesus! Deliver this Christmas miracle! 

Not relevant to Nebraska recruiting but Justin Fields is said to be looking at transferring to OSU.

I don't understand that at all. Dwayne Haskins is a Sophomore.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Not relevant to Nebraska recruiting but Justin Fields is said to be looking at transferring to OSU.

He could be leaving for the NFL still. Then it'd be a Tate Martell vs. Just Fields battle. I think OSU's QB from the '19 class left too so the door could potentially be open

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Man we could use a saftey...

I'm actually cautiously optimistic about our current group of safeties, but you'd always love a kid this talented. Although no one seems to know exactly what the issue is - I was looking around on some Georgia boards, he was away from the team a year ago with medical issues but Smart said it's different this time. A lot of random speculation mostly involving weed or grades, but mostly people are impressed at the lack of actual information. Nobody even claiming they have the real scoop.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Well he has to sit out a year since he's not a grad transfer, and I think the general consensus is Haskins is gone after his junior year at the latest. Then Fields would have to beat out Martell who was almost as highly rated.

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm actually cautiously optimistic about our current group of safeties, but you'd always love a kid this talented. 

Agree here. I'm actually not sure why Safety comes up so often as a position of need.

I think Domann and Williams will be a good pair.  Then you have Dismuke who has been on the field and RS Frosh in CJ Smith and Cam'ron Jones and Myles Farmer (and possibly NPG) on the way. 

I don't think it's a position of need but I (probably) wouldn't turn away talent.

16 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm actually cautiously optimistic about our current group of safeties, but you'd always love a kid this talented. Although no one seems to know exactly what the issue is - I was looking around on some Georgia boards, he was away from the team a year ago with medical issues but Smart said it's different this time. A lot of random speculation mostly involving weed or grades, but mostly people are impressed at the lack of actual information. Nobody even claiming they have the real scoop.

Well he has to sit out a year since he's not a grad transfer, and I think the general consensus is Haskins is gone after his junior year at the latest. Then Fields would have to beat out Martell who was almost as highly rated.

I wasnt impressed with Martell, he is a great athlete but not sold on him as a leader at all. 

18 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

He could be leaving for the NFL still. Then it'd be a Tate Martell vs. Just Fields battle. I think OSU's QB from the '19 class left too so the door could potentially be open

16 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Forgot about the 1 year thing.

Every time I remember Martell I laugh because during his recruitment he said Ohio State had the best recruiting class in the history of the universe (paraphrasing).

Hmm, now that I look though, maybe he's right. I looked back 6 years and OSU in 2017 has the best rating of any other class.

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

We have plenty of safties but none of the caliber of Gibbs. A guy like him can change your defense.

Says who? The guy got buried on the Georgia depth chart after starting the season.

I get its Georgia but still, he wasnt even being dressed at points. 

I am not saying he isnt a good player, but he hasnt really shown a whole bunch yet. 

9 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Says who? The guy got buried on the Georgia depth chart after starting the season.

I am not saying he isnt a good player, but he hasnt really shown a whole bunch yet. 

He was also a freshman last year. We do 't have alot of players with his athletic ability on roster.

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

He was also a freshman last year. We do 't have alot of players with his athletic ability on roster.

I believe he just completed his sophomore season. He has played two years at Georgia. Last year he left the team around this time for medical issues(wasnt even taking classes) but he came back. He miss the bowl game for them. And now this year, same time he is leaving but Kirby said it is different than last year. 

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I believe he just completed his sophomore season. He has played two years at Georgia. Last year he left the team around this time for medical issues(wasnt even taking classes) but he came back. He miss the bowl game for them. And now this year, same time he is leaving but Kirby said it is different than last year. 

So what you are trying to say is that we should take him but expect him to not play in any bowl games? 

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So what you are trying to say is that we should take him but expect him to not play in any bowl games? 

Correct. And he might just randomly leave in December.

Thats cool though, I mean Taylor Martinez quit the team like 4 times so this guy probably wont be able to break that record.  

4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

being too fast and lifting to many weights I bet

Actually heard he was doing more reps and more weight then the senior lineman and was causing issues with the weight program culture.

6 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I think this year he was supposed to have his chance to be the started but Tyson Campbell came along and ruined that.. And there are about 99% of D1 safety's that would be stuck behind Campbell. Kid is a stud. 

34 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Saw a rumor floating around on RSS that we may be looking at UCF OL Jordan Johnson as a grad transfer. Could possibly play center next year. 

http://ucfknights.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=34100&ATCLID=211734030

That would be a huge get. It would also give Jurgens 1.5 years to learn the position and get some scrub time at the position as well. 

Just now, bugeater17 said:

That would be a huge get. It would also give Jurgens 1.5 years to learn the position and get some scrub time at the position as well. 

Throw Jurgens at guard and let him pull. Ideal situation. 

Youhanna Ghaifan is getting a few rumors thrown around today. 247 says unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

33 tackles, 19 solo, 7 TFL in just 8 games. Issues aside kid was a stud.

I don't care if he is the 2nd coming of Suh.  No room for that at Nebraska

• Plus1 5

On 1/7/2019 at 10:19 PM, SUHperman said:

Saw a rumor floating around on RSS that we may be looking at UCF OL Jordan Johnson as a grad transfer. Could possibly play center next year. 

http://ucfknights.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=34100&ATCLID=211734030

By "next year" you mean the 2020 season, right? Because unless I misunderstand something, he was a Junior in 2018 and would be a UCF Senior this coming season.

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don't care if he is the 2nd coming of Suh.  No room for that at Nebraska

Agreed. Reading the article makes me think he probably didnt think he even did anything wrong.. The fear that must have gone through that young lady when a guy(especially one of his size) was doing that, makes me very angry. 

23 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

By "next year" you mean the 2020 season, right? Because unless I misunderstand something, he was a Junior in 2018 and would be a UCF Senior this coming season.

That bio they linked says he was a junior this season and should be a senior next year.

7 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

That bio they linked says he was a junior this season and should be a senior next year.

You are making my point.

1 minute ago, cheekygeek said:

You are making my point.

It doesn't really matter what year he is I don't think if he graduated in 3. That's the piece that seems to be missing.

Tate Martell has thrown his name in the transfer portal.   What are the odds he joins Tyjon at OSU??

4 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

44 minutes ago, Decked said:

That was horrid to read. I hope he never sets foot on campus. 

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/football/2019/01/02/wyoming-football-player-deferred-sentence-fort-collins-hotel-employee-border-war-csu-football/2467562002/

And a slap on the wrist it is! :facepalm:

Ghaifan was ordered to perform 16 hours of community service and attend a class on “boundaries” as part of the sentencing agreement. He also agreed to a protective order prohibiting him from having contact with the victim.

Ghaifan must complete the community service, obey the protective order and avoid breaking any other laws — including traffic infractions of five or more points — between now and July 5 to have the harassment charge dismissed, Lynch said.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

Lot of guys can graduate in 3 years.   These players are asked to be on campus basically the entire year, so it's easy to take a bunch of extra classes and graduate "early".

I don't know if this is the case for this guy, but I could see him graduating in May and be at NU for the Summer/Fall.

1 hour ago, sho said:

Tate Martell has thrown his name in the transfer portal.   What are the odds he joins Tyjon at OSU??

People are guessing that Miami and West Virginia are good landing spots. I personally think that Miami fits his attitude and play style the best. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Lot of guys can graduate in 3 years.   These players are asked to be on campus basically the entire year, so it's easy to take a bunch of extra classes and graduate "early".

I don't know if this is the case for this guy, but I could see him graduating in May and be at NU for the Summer/Fall.

Amen, there is nothing else to do and I am sure a lot of classes are online so it is less of an interference with football stuff.

6 hours ago, sho said:

1000%  - only because it drives me crazy when people say they are more than 100%

OSU would seem to be the favorite - except for the fact that TG is there

54 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

1000%  - only because it drives me crazy when people say they are more than 100%

OSU would seem to be the favorite - except for the fact that TG is there

I'd laugh if they both got beat out by someone no one's heard of.

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FaithfulHusker said:

People are guessing that Miami and West Virginia are good landing spots. I personally think that Miami fits his attitude and play style the best. 

I think he also has some HS teammates at Miami. 

22 hours ago, Ziebol said:

Youhanna Ghaifan is getting a few rumors thrown around today. 247 says unlikely. 

He was accepted into a UNL graduate program and enrolled, ready to start classes this week.  He was going to be a walk-on.  But the coaches changed their minds and now he'll be going elsewhere.  Kansas State and Oklahoma State are possibilities.