The Nunes Memo has been released

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That Comey sent the letter about Clinton, but did not release any information about the ongoing Trump investigation, will go down in history as the biggest question of the 2016 election.

Is it possible that the FBI too thought the polling was accurate and rather than burn Page and Papadopoulos they kept the investigation secret? Would it have happened had Trump been up in the polls?

Not that the general public will ever know but I suspect there have been some serious talk at high levels of the FBI about how to handle these things in the future.

5 minutes ago, Whistlebritches said:

Is it possible that the FBI too thought the polling was accurate and rather than burn Page and Papadopoulos they kept the investigation secret? Would it have happened had Trump been up in the polls?

Not that the general public will ever know but I suspect there have been some serious talk at high levels of the FBI about how to handle these things in the future.

I have often thought that Comey released his letter 12 days out at least IN PART to reduce the risk of Congressional Republicans spending years & years investigating him.

They'd have blamed anybody & everybody involved if Clinton had won. They'd definitely have held a grudge against him.

1 hour ago, schriznoeder said:

Adam Schiff is moving up in the world - he officially has his own Trump nickname.

Isn't Trump's tweet kind of 'the pot calling the kettle black'.  The releasing of the Nunes memo was just that - releasing confidential info.

• Plus1 1

On 2/4/2018 at 9:27 AM, NM11046 said:

Thread: - super interesting.  And @Moiraine  you've got some explaining to do!

I just heard a discussion about twitter bots on NPR radio this weekend. Very interesting and concerning story.  We should always remember that we are all targets of manipulation (by those of our political persuasion and those opposite).  The volume of a tweeter feed or "likes" or even poll #s on a subject should not be persuasive in forming our opinions.  Facts and truth alone as confirmed by multiple sources. 

• Plus1 1
On 2/2/2018 at 12:52 PM, knapplc said:

I would loved to have seen some repub names on that list but that is too much to ask from this current crop.  If the Dems win control of the Congress  in 2018 - expect Trump's days to be numbered and this event playing a key role.

• Plus1 3

It's possible he is a true believe in all of this crap. Especially if his only source of news is Fox.

Or that Trump is paying him a lot of $.

The following makes me think it's the latter. It sounds like it comes straight from the White House.

A Republican member briefed on Nunes' investigations told me: "There are several areas of concern where federal agencies used government resources to try to create a narrative and influence the election. Some have suggested coordination with Hillary Clinton operatives, [Sidney] Blumenthal and [Cody] Shearer, to back up the false narrative."

Edited by Moiraine