Frost’s QB Room

Just now, Moiraine said:

Neither. It was on a 3rd and 1 on the first possession. It seemed pretty fast so I'm assuming it was our 3rd play on offense.

I can't remember unless I go back in time too. It felt like it was our first play on offense because it happened so quickly. Maybe it was his first carry?

51 minutes ago, FTW said:

I knew he was a really good prep QB think he may have been the best in CA at the time he kind of flew under the radar and wasn't known as a blazing fast runner but that he could scramble and did put up some solid numbers. Pretty sure every other school wanted him on defense and NU was the only one offering a shot at QB.

NVM it was our first offensive snap.

And yet Cody Green was supposed to be the future of Nebraska, and he was a total bust — one of those overrated four stars. 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I could have sworn it was the first play from scrimmage, a 46 yard TD. 

Maybe it was his first carry. 

The first five games of 2010 were a helluva rush.

I remember listening to the rumors, watching the game on  and seeing that run.  Damn.  Still the fastest straight line speed I've seen playing football......If only he was there in 2009 (or Ganz) and had stayed healthy.........

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I remember listening to the rumors, watching the game on  and seeing that run.  Damn.  Still the fastest straight line speed I've seen playing football......If only he was there in 2009 (or Ganz) and had stayed healthy.........

If Suh is born a year later or Martinez a year earlier, we might win a national championship in '09 or '10.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Pedro G said:

And yet Cody Green was supposed to be the future of Nebraska, and he was a total bust — one of those overrated four stars. 

We've had a lot of busts. So have other programs. That's why it's great to hear our staff say recruiting stars mean nothing. They're going to get guys they know who are going to work hard to represent the N on the helmets.

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, brophog said:

Every year has awful offensive line play, just ask the fans. Most schools complain about the radio guy, we bag on the offensive line coach.

You can't blame us. We've gone through too many HC's and assistant coaches since the fall of our dynasty. I blame the leadership for creating the revolving door at DONU. So when Frost says it's gonna take time bringing certain things back (stability being one of them,) I believe him.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

If Suh is born a year later or Martinez a year earlier, we might win a national championship in '09 or '10.

Or if Joe Ganz had an extra year of eligibility for 2009, the 1 second moment wouldn't have existed because Tex@$$ would've needed 1,799 more seconds to make a comeback.

Ole' Frosty will get us over the hump :)

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, FTW said:

You can't blame us. We've gone through too many HC's and assistant coaches since the fall of our dynasty. I blame the leadership for creating the revolving door at DONU. So when Frost says it's gonna take time bringing certain things back (stability being one of them,) I believe him.

Ok, you and I are going to do an experiment. Put on your flame suit (I'd give you mine, but it's permanently bonded) and we are going to say nice things about last year's offensive line.

Adjusted sack rate - simply how often a team gets sacked, with adjustments for things like down and distance, opponent, and filters for garbage time.

Nebraska, with Mr Magoo as QB, ranked 8th in the nation in this stat. That's without Decker decoding the offense all year. 

Adjusted line yards - a more complex stat that tries to separate the blockers culpability from the runners. Negative plays give more blame to the offensive line while long rushes give less. The idea is long rushes, such as runs of ten yards or more, are less a result of line play than medium rushes because a runner eventually outruns the capacity for the line to block. Negative rushes are considered more a factor of the offensive line as the rusher is more prone to being tackled before he could have an impact. Don't consider it a perfect metric, but it is an interesting way to try to separate this complex relationship.

Nebraska ranked 23rd in adjusted line yards.