The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

12 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

None appear to be in the 'great' category but we have a bunch of good ones there.  I don't see the list as being all that extra long.  Couple seniors be gone in a year, with a redshirt or two possibly.   Miles is a full back really from all I recall.   Mazour is underrated and I think could be the starter and do exceedingly well for Frost.  He's could power, quick, hands, blocks, hits hard, speed, etc.   He is probably the best all arounder of the bunch in many ways.

No.

No he isn't.

• Plus1 5

20 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

None appear to be in the 'great' category but we have a bunch of good ones there.  I don't see the list as being all that extra long.  Couple seniors be gone in a year, with a redshirt or two possibly.   Miles is a full back really from all I recall.   Mazour is underrated and I think could be the starter and do exceedingly well for my rec league flag football team.  he's got power, quick, hands, blocks, hits hard, speed, etc.   He is probably the best all arounder of the bunch in many ways.

FIFY

On 4/3/2018 at 3:57 PM, ScottyIce said:

Is it just me, or is this RB room full, like overly full.

SR Ozigbo

SR Wilbon

JR Bryant

JR Bell

JR Mazour

SO Bradley

FR Washington

FR Ben Miles

Also getting a few carries a game:

Miles

Lindsey

Spielman

Plus add in that the QB will be running the ball a little bit.

Not sure there are enough footballs to go around to keep everyone happy.

Only about three of those RBs will see serious game time next year. Plus, it would probably be really smart for Ben Miles to already be looking into transfer options. 

9 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Your comment basically agrees then that it’s a full room?

If you're saying it's full to indicate there's a lot of depth there, no. 

If you're saying it's full because the number of bodies at the position is large, sure. 

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

If you're saying it's full to indicate there's a lot of depth there, no. 

If you're saying it's full because the number of bodies at the position is large, sure. 

Yeah I was saying it’s very full. Although I do think there are 4ish strong candidates in it.

• 3 months later...

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That surprised me, but maybe that’s where he wants to give it a shot. I still think he ends up at CB and contributes before his career is over. 

With Held's ability to recruit. Washington, Miles Jones, Bell, Bryant, bradley and like 4 more guys coming in next year. I just dont see room to get any reps. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I can't imagine worrying about the room getting too full when the only guy who has shown he's capable of being a starting runningback at Nebraska has really bad knees.

Ya I don’t get it. Practice a ton of RB because none of them have shown they’re good enough.

• Plus1 1