Russia

22 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Problem is their police are already decked out in full armor before anything has actually happened. Only way Putin is taken out is if it's by someone close to him and that someone close to him could be pretty s#!tty too.

yeah....it would most likely be another mob boss....but maybe it will be someone who just wants to rake in the money rather than nuke the world.

edit to add....i think some might have already tried.   there are reports i've seen of a couple oligarchs already dying under mysterious circumstances..

2 hours ago, commando said:

thing is...we didn't.  i psoted a link somewhere back in this thread.  i will take the archy approach and tell you to go find it yourself because it's there.    what it boils down to is we did promise them that we would defend them if they were attacked by nukes.    

I am surprised they took that deal. It’s a little late once your nuked. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, commando said:

yeah....it would most likely be another mob boss....but maybe it will be someone who just wants to rake in the money rather than nuke the world.

edit to add....i think some might have already tried.   there are reports i've seen of a couple oligarchs already dying under mysterious circumstances..

That could also be due to Putin paranoia because they questioned anything he was doing. 

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

That could also be due to Putin paranoia because they questioned anything he was doing. 

true.    hopefully the tension  drives him to a heart attack soon if no one else can take a shot at him.   

• Plus1 1

58 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Not what I am talking about at all.  I don't care about that neither do you.

We both agree that the dude on the video just wants help and that he thinks the US agreed to help him, which we did.

Kind of, but not exactly. The US would help to a point. We're at that point. What you want is for the US to go past that point. We should create a pro and con list. 

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Kind of, but not exactly. The US would help to a point. We're at that point. What you want is for the US to go past that point. We should create a pro and con list. 

There is only one real con, but it's that everyone except the cockroaches and Cher might die.

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2

Pushing back a bit on the Fox propaganda. Seems you can always find someone to say what you want said, and then find someone else willing to spread that point of view.

It's all too easy to find people willing to spread this stuff. Boner or no boner.

• Plus1 3

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Perhaps China is also watching this development closely as it considers 'reunification' with Taiwan.  China's economy and their military is built on the investment of foreign companies willing to build plants, create jobs and provide goods in China as well as China's exporting of goods to the rest of the world. 

53 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Pushing back a bit on the Fox propaganda. Seems you can always find someone to say what you want said, and then find someone else willing to spread that point of view.

It's all too easy to find people willing to spread this stuff. Boner or no boner.

This should be a T-shirt!

I have heard chatter that we might stop Russian energy imports. It has bipartisan support, even from Pelosi. How long will it take to implement? …and ratchet up our production at home or at least get more from Canada and Mexico. Maybe the new interest in Venezuela is for oil???