WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

I don't think Wandale has the top end speed of DAT, but I think he has better acceleration and lateral movement.  DAT was pretty thin and narrow, while Wandale has a thick, sturdy  frame.  The way Rahmir Johnson runs reminds me more of DAT than Wandale does.  

If that is true, DAT then ran the 40 handheld under 4.2. Whatever the case, WR has top-end speed, and doesn’t seem to get tackled from behind and seems to pull away even from defenders’ angles. 

4 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

If that is true, DAT then ran the 40 handheld under 4.2. Whatever the case, WR has top-end speed, and doesn’t seem to get tackled from behind and seems to pull away even from defenders’ angles. 

I don't believe WR really hit a LEGIT 4.2. DAT ran a 4.5 at the Combine and a 4.39 at his pro-day, with some clocking him in the 4.35's

Wandale can and should be phenomenal, we are really just debating semantics. 

Wandale Robinson is:

Fast

Quick

Shifty

and a great player no matter how we slice and dice it.

10 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

I don't believe WR really hit a LEGIT 4.2. DAT ran a 4.5 at the Combine and a 4.39 at his pro-day, with some clocking him in the 4.35's

Wandale can and should be phenomenal, we are really just debating semantics. 

Wandale Robinson is:

Fast

Quick

Shifty

and a great player no matter how we slice and dice it.

Not saying you are incorrect. It was reported WR ran a 4.22 at a camp. Exaggerated? Maybe. Accurate? Not necessarily. But whatever the case, he is fast, fast. But most important, he has lightning quick shiftiness and great instinct — which hopefully stands out here in Lincoln. As a 62-year-old fart, I saw a slot receiver decades ago in Lincoln, who had shiftiness I have never before and afterwards here at the Corn. That would be Heisman winner Johnny Rodgers. While WR is probably faster than Johnny the Jet ever was, if he is even 80 percent of Rodger’s quickness, he will be something special here. 

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Top end speed and the 40 are different measurements.  I would bet that in a 40 DAT amd wandale would be pretty close, but DAT would beat him decently in the 100m.  Luckily 40 is a better measurement for football than the 100.  

Nance is probably yhe fastest recruit we have coming onto campus.  Dude can roll

1 minute ago, Pedro G said:

I was thinking about Woodward. He pretty much did nothing this season. I  wonder if he was in more than four games, and if he is now a senior. Kind of tells you with jucos, you can live by them or die by them. 

I wonder if Bo Pelini would be willing to tell us what JUCO kids he'd recruit? He was always pretty good at it:lol:

1 hour ago, Pedro G said:

I was thinking about Woodward. He pretty much did nothing this season. I  wonder if he was in more than four games, and if he is now a senior. Kind of tells you with jucos, you can live by them or die by them. 

It doesn't feel like he did, but Huskers.com lists him as a senior and that he played in 8 games. Same think for Mike Williams, but he played in all 12. 

Wandale does tend to remind, as much as any recruit of the past 20 years, of J Rodgers but he ist definately faster in straight speed.  JR was so incredibly quick and could change directions so extremely well, has was almost impossible to corner.   He body control was probably his most special attribute.   But high school highlights are not the same as college production as the speed and size and quickness of the defenders can make all the difference.  I think we need to wait and see just how special Wandale turns out to be but it is quite exciting to think about having true difference makes all over the field on offense and defense and special teams.   Talent is talent and a good portion of it is born, not made.      

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]