Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, Alamo City Husker said:

Project Veritas did undercover video with former players at Florida.  I think it is safe to say that Urban Meyer is done. 

https://www.theepochtimes.com/urban-meyer-accused-of-abusing-players-at-florida-report_2613049.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-WdjfjMbg

Project Veritas was convicted in court of doctoring videos and lying in articles. Don't trust them.

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, nic said:

OSU will still be good without Meyer. They will get a good coach. 

I think so too. It's insane how they've always been able to barely miss a beat in between coaching fires/scandals/retirements. They're the only blue blood I can't remember pretty much ever having a prolonged down season - they've almost always been elite.

8 hours ago, 1HuskrFan said:

All this reteric flying around. Non OSU fans of course want to see Meyer gone. I (Husker Fan since 1958) however don’t,  even though it doesn’t look good for him with current information we have.  I’d rather see him stay. It only makes the B1G stronger. OSU no matter what will always be a big dog (Blue Blood).  Yeah, they may fall a little with hard times. Like all Blue Bloods do but, History indicates that they will still be a team to be reckoned with just like Penn State. Hopefully, Nebraska will resurface and claim their spot among the elite. As a true fan of college football, I’d rather face OSU with Urban then without him. Then a victory would be earned. Right now the B1G is the best conference. Losing Meyer can only hurt the conference as a whole. If he’s guilty of a cover up then he should go. Just like Paterno. Justice will prevail. I hope it’s in favor of keeping Meyer where he is. 

All jokes aside, I'm thinking the same, never really had anything against him and if he goes I hope the evidence is very clear and damning and not hear say and pressure brought about by special interest pitchforks/mob mentality.

He didn't misspeak. He explicitly denied any 2015 incident having happened. This is PR Lying 101. That press release should be used in classes that teaches people to make press releases to deny wrongdoing and obfuscate/distract/engage in damage control. 

Best case he's a liar. Medium case, he did know about the incident, and reported it, while continuing to employ a coach that he knew had a history of several abuse allegations. Worst case, all of that is true plus he didn't report it.

He might keep his job, but he's lost all credibility.

• Plus1 9
2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

He didn't misspeak. He explicitly denied any 2015 incident having happened. This is PR Lying 101. That press release should be used in classes that teaches people to make press releases to deny wrongdoing and obfuscate/distract/engage in damage control. 

Best case he's a liar. Medium case, he did know about the incident, and reported it, while continuing to employ a coach that he knew had a history of several abuse allegations. Worst case, all of that is true plus he didn't report it.

He might keep his job, but he's lost all credibility.

I don't disagree. I just read this as the initial step to OSU creating an out to keep him. To hell with credibility, or respect, they just want to keep their coach.

He just lied about lying. He wasnt caught off guard at B1G media days. He was a c$%ky SOB that tried to put Brett McMurphy in his place not thinking Brett would be able to get to the bottom of it. 

This looks like Urban trying to negotiate a buyout in my opinion. Hes saying it wasnt me it was someone higher up the chain that let this happen. I did my job etc. He would have been better off in the public eye by keeping his mouth shut for now. 

• Plus1 5
1 minute ago, HuskerNBigD said:

I don't disagree. I just read this as the initial step to OSU creating an out to keep him. To hell with credibility, or respect, they just want to keep their coach.

I read it as his lawyer covering his ass for contract law. On one hand it denies OSU any grounds that can be used to fire him without cause he seemingly reported it and it also covers him by saying his answers on B10 media day were a misspoke by him which wouldnt violate his contract. Urban trying to get paid if they give him the boot. 

• Plus1 2