Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, nic said:

Fact: Urban hired and kept a know wife abuser on his staff. If the report hadn't come out, Smith would still be a coach.

Not true.

He was fired before the report came out. He was fired once he was arrested for criminal trespassing, which was the catalyst for all the news that followed.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Not true.

He was fired before the report came out. He was fired once he was arrested for criminal trespassing, which was the catalyst for all the news that followed.

I wasn't referring to McMurphy's, report, but you are right he was charged. I forgot that was more than a report of misconduct. This story has too many turns. 

2 hours ago, Michiganball said:

Think he will hang around, might be suspended for a few games.

His suspension will be over by the time they announce it. It’s going to include time served. 

6 hours ago, nic said:

I wasn't referring to McMurphy's, report, but you are right he was charged. I forgot that was more than a report of misconduct. This story has too many turns. 

So what report came out or else hed he’d still be a coach? 

2 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

His suspension will be over by the time they announce it. It’s going to include time served. 

I heard the 'time served' rumor as well. I guess we will see, soon.

If I remember right. it was early July when his wife got the restraining order right?  I guess he was charged at that time for the tresspassing, but I do not remember. On the July 23rd he was fired after the  2015 report surfaced. According to the yahoo article below that was McMurphy. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/timeline-urban-meyer-zach-smith-saga-ohio-state-230126856.html

"July 23: Allegations against Zach Smith revealed; OSU fires Smith

This was the day it all surfaced. Esteemed reporter Brett McMurphy took to Facebook to shed light on the history of domestic violence allegations against former Ohio State wide receivers coach Zach Smith. Less than an hour after McMurphy’s report, Ohio State fired Smith."

I guess I should just go back and read the beginning of thsi post and peice togther the events again. :-)

On 8/21/2018 at 10:35 AM, brophog said:

Dont distract us from the biggest non-story of the year. 

Calling this a non-story is pretty disrespectful to the victims in all of this and also explains why certain folks choose to consider these types of events a 'non-story'. 

4 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Yeah, pretty much. 

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, nic said:

I heard the 'time served' rumor as well. I guess we will see, soon.

If I remember right. it was early July when his wife got the restraining order right?  I guess he was charged at that time for the tresspassing, but I do not remember. On the July 23rd he was fired after the  2015 report surfaced. According to the yahoo article below that was McMurphy. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/timeline-urban-meyer-zach-smith-saga-ohio-state-230126856.html

"July 23: Allegations against Zach Smith revealed; OSU fires Smith

This was the day it all surfaced. Esteemed reporter Brett McMurphy took to Facebook to shed light on the history of domestic violence allegations against former Ohio State wide receivers coach Zach Smith. Less than an hour after McMurphy’s report, Ohio State fired Smith."

I guess I should just go back and read the beginning of thsi post and peice togther the events again. :-)

Yeah, it is all confusing and, at this point, quite sad. It has been spun into a soap opera of sorts and it really deflects the fact that a woman was getting the s#!t beat out of her. We all know that Urban isn't the most stand-up guy, but in college football its all about win baby win and he does a good job of that. Schools these days are putting their financial interests in front of any sort of moral or creed. I'd love to think that UNL wouldn't, but I don't really believe that to be the case. 

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Calling this a non-story is pretty disrespectful to the victims in all of this and also explains why certain folks choose to consider these types of events a 'non-story'. 

Making this about a head coach that wasn't the perpetrator is disrespectful to the victim. The story, if you didn't notice, isn't about the victim. It's not about the perpetrator. It's about Urban Meyer. 

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, brophog said:

Making this about a head coach that wasn't the perpetrator is disrespectful to the victim. The story, if you didn't notice, isn't about the victim. It's not about the perpetrator. It's about Urban Meyer. 

The story about Urban is whether he was protecting the perpetrator. This is about whether people in power can hide abuses such as domestic violence.

40 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The story about Urban is whether he was protecting the perpetrator. This is about whether people in power can hide abuses such as domestic violence.

Correct.  It is also about whether or not football and winning are more important than domestic violence and a breaking up this culture of apathy towards it. 

• Plus1 1