Troy Game

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

N Zone...I have never really been a fan.

Tavern on the Square is cool, sort of a hidden spot.

Duffy's is always fun!

I've never had a bad time at N Zone, never had an exceptionally good time, but it's never been bad. Lots of TVs to catch up on other games.

Tavern is a hip spot. Duffy's is a staple.

I love people's takes on Runza and Val's. I can't stand Runza. Val's is fine. It's middle of the road pizza for me. 

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Well, I live in Minnesota. And not allowing me back means I dont have to see my in-laws.... SO...

Listen. Anyone who isnt a born/bred Nebraskan tends to be a bit more negative on Valentinos. Its just not good pizza. Honestly its kind of hot garbage.

I think Runza is VASTLY overrated but I also am not a big fan of what a Runza is in general so I can understand why some like it but most non-nebraskans dont really seem all that impressed by it from people I have talked to.

I think you were too drunk in school to remember what Val's and Runza tatse like. I wouldn't say Val's is even close to hot garbage. Just the stuff the cook at the restaurant for carryout sucks the take and bakes are actually really good. Runzq is a preferenc, I get it, but the burgers and fries are damn good!

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I think you were too drunk in school to remember what Val's and Runza tatse like. I wouldn't say Val's is even close to hot garbage. Just the stuff the cook at the restaurant for carryout sucks the take and bakes are actually really good. Runzq is a preferenc, I get it, but the burgers and fries are damn good!

1st off- Yes, I was probably too drunk. I actually have a few pictures of myself and you to prove that.

Vals- It isnt good. I have had the buffet. I have had it at the game. I had it catered in the media area when I cover the Huskers for KRNU and never once did I think it was good. I ate it because I am a chunker but I honestly would pick about 25 other pizza joints over it.

Runza- I for some reason am hit or miss on their burgers. There fries are solid and I dont like their onion rings at all. Not a bad burger place in general but I am probably picking BK or Wendys over Runza. For sure Culvers/five guys over Runza.

Nebraskans just love Vals and Runza...they will defend it till the end. Most people who try both for the first time in there 20's seem to leave it going "meh".

13 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Assuming you've never been to Lincoln before you have to have a Runza and eat at Valentino's. They are staples. 

Also, RIP Tastee's how I miss thee! 

Why torture the guy? Lincoln has actual FOOD.  Go to Piezanos, Isles Pub and Pizza, Red Robins. Buzzard Billys