The Angry Violent Left

18 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

And Breitbart leans to the right just as all those other sources I referenced lean to the left. My original post stated that there really is no true fair and honest journalism out there.  Some on here like to act like the NY times, Wash Post, CNN and MSNBC are fair or impartial sites. I am just stating there really is not impartiality left in journalism.

They do a little more than lean to the right. They're almost falling over.

Funny thing is, you complain about MSNBC but it's very rarely posted on here. CNN is much like Fox, terrible opinion shows but the online journalist articles are generally ok.

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

And Breitbart leans to the right just as all those other sources I referenced lean to the left. My original post stated that there really is no true fair and honest journalism out there.  Some on here like to act like the NY times, Wash Post, CNN and MSNBC are fair or impartial sites. I am just stating there really is not impartiality left in journalism.

Breitbart lies to its readers a lot. Breitbart's own editor-in-chief admitted they fabricate facts and stories. That's why you shouldn't use them as a source.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/breitbart-fake-news-alex-marlow/

It is useful to know that you can’t believe a thing Breitbart says, because it’s willing to publish fake news that serves its perceived interests. I mean, you knew this anyway, but now you’ve had it confirmed by the editor-in-chief.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, ZRod said:

They do a little more than lean to the right. They're almost falling over.

Funny thing is, you complain about MSNBC but it's very rarely posted on here. CNN is much like Fox, terrible opinion shows but the online journalist articles are generally ok.

MSNBC is just as pathetic as CNN and the NY Times and the Washington Post.  The NY Times continues to assert Trump is racist yet has allowed a racist Sarah Jeong to remain an editor on their staff.  Any stories promoted by these entities are going to slant just as much against Trump as Breitbart would for Trump.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45052534

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

MSNBC is just as pathetic as CNN and the NY Times and the Washington Post.  The NY Times continues to assert Trump is racist yet has allowed a racist Sarah Jeong to remain an editor on their staff.  Any stories promoted by these entities are going to slant just as much against Trump as Breitbart would for Trump.  

Take another look at my post. It's not about the political leanings, it's about publishing lies.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
12 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

If you believe Sarah Jeong is racist, based on three tweets that are mentioned in that article, how do you reconcile that notion against your boy Trump, who has said racist things many times, in many contexts, to many people?

• Plus1 5

15 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Oh, so now you're throwing around baseless accusations of people being racist? That's rich, considering your vehement and pathetic nonstop defense against accusations levied against Trump.

• Plus1 3
6 hours ago, Landlord said:

Oh, so now you're throwing around baseless accusations of people being racist? That's rich, considering your vehement and pathetic nonstop defense against accusations levied against Trump.

How’s that Kumbaya love approach going for you? Remember what I said about trying to debate the illogical, ignorant, and reprehensible. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, QMany said:

How’s that Kumbaya love approach going for you? Remember what I said about trying to debate the illogical, ignorant, and reprehensible. 

I think I admitted to being just as guilty of what I was referencing as anybody else. I am wildly inconsistent and not what I'd like to be on most days and most interactions. But I do believe in it and am working on it. 

In reality, respect where it's due to @HuskerNation1 and others for genuinely triggering me into a sort of, "I can't believe somebody can think things this far removed from demonstrable reality" kind of outrage where I take the bait and devolve into the more primal and lower brained response I want to be better than. 

Edit: idiotic was not the right or appropriate word to use. apologies.

• Plus1 2
On 11/10/2018 at 11:07 PM, HuskerNation1 said:

Have you ever actually read the NY Times or WaPo? Like the real journalism, not the opinion pieces? Because funny thing is that they used to tear into the Obama administration as well. Another funny thing is that when one of their reporters gets it wrong they redact it, correct it, or fire them. That's something Fox and Breitbart do not do.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2
On 11/8/2018 at 10:32 PM, FrantzHardySwag said:

The information is out there, its up to the public to figure out what is fact and what is fiction. See earlier today you cited townhall.com as an actual source - anyone that took a 5th grade English class could tell you that townhall.com is not real news (fake news?), It's a Fugayzi, fugazi. It's a whazy. It's a woozie. It's fairy dust. it doesn't exist. It's never landed. It is no matter. It's not on the elemental chart. It's not f#&%ing real.

There is REAL journalism out there today - NPR for example. The real problem is people who read infowars and townhall.com and listen to Hannity all day - they think real, credible news is fake. The only thing that Trump exposed is that he is (still) full of s#!t and that if tells his base (not the majority of registered voters btw) not to believe it, then they'll look the other way.

Also, if this new era of information gathering has been rough on you, I still have my 5th grade English teachers email address - you can email her. Little piece of advice, if it wouldn't be credible for a book report in her class, it's probably not suitable for you to eat up like a bowl of lucky charms at breakfast.

The bold - I've actually enjoyed listing to NPR since I've dropped my 'talk show addiction' some time ago.  It is nice to hear stories not based on rage. 

Here is a little test we can all take:  If we come home after listening to talk radio at work all day and we feel like kicking the dog, yelling at the kids and not being able to sit and listen to our wife, it is a good chance that we are listening to the wrong stuff or at minimum listening to too much of it.  Constant negative talk produces a negative mind set that manifests in how we treat others.  Are you on edge to much - ck your intake of negativity during the day (may include too much HB political forum also:o)

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

ck your intake of negativity during the day (may include too much HB political forum also:o)

I'll admit that I have days where I need to step away from this forum.

I welcome opposing view points.  I really want to have an intelligent conversation with people I don't agree with.  But, sometimes I come on here and see something and I just....have to close the browser and walk away.

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'll admit that I have days where I need to step away from this forum.

I welcome opposing view points.  I really want to have an intelligent conversation with people I don't agree with.  But, sometimes I come on here and see something and I just....have to close the browser and walk away.

Yep,  My blood pressure has dropped since I got off talk radio and moderated my time on HB - or at least balance it out with listening to some good music.   But you are right - I like to hear opposite view points - helps me to be challenged and to grow as a person also.  But sometimes you just got to just walk away. 

So, uh, about that "angry violent protest" at Tucker Carlson's house. Apparently - and you'll probably want to sit down for this because the shock could kill you - Tucker Carlson may have lied about what happened.

Here's the rest of the thread. You can read it in its native format if you want to click on the tweet above. 

One last point on the Tucker Carlson protest, you don't wanna believe the protestors, why not go with the police version of events?

Cause there is a police report.

I'm gonna say that's a more reliable source than Mr. Carlson.

And it completely contradicts him.

Here goes.
First, the police interacted w/ the protestors as they were leaving & they didn't arrest anyone.

They actually saw the person spray-paint the anarchist symbol on the driveway.

The protestors were walking away slowly. Two walked with canes (yes). No one tried to run.

BTW there were 4 legal observers at this protest. People going to someone's house to break in, don't usually take legal observers.

The police talked to the protestors about not having a problem w/ them exercising their first amendment rights but that spray-painting the driveway was crossing the line. That was the issue.

If the police had received a frantic 911 call from Mrs. Carlson saying she was terrified, had locked herself in her pantry & people were trying to break into her house, there is no way that the police would have let the protestors go. They would have made arrests.

They would have sent so many squad cars to that location if she represented what was happening in that way. Police tend to over-react. They didn't here. That tells me Mrs. Carlson did not call & say she was being terrorized.

In the police report, there is no mention whatsoever of any damage to the front door of Mr. Carlson's residence. Not a scratch. This is consistent w/ protestors' saying they simply knocked on the door and then left a placard resting on it before retreating to the street.

There is no mention in the police report of anyone chanting anything about pipe bombs or chanting any sort of threats against Mr. Carlson.

What the police appeared to be focused on was the spraying of the anarchist symbol on the driveway of the residence by one person. That was the extent of the property damage. That was the extent of the activity that could possibly be construed as unlawful.

Even when it was reported that the incident was being looked at as a hate crime, it appears that this was the focus of the investigation.

(How that could in any way be prosecuted as a hate crime is a subject for another day.)

What is of concern now is that, since there has been such misreporting to which unfortunately people on the left like @StephenAtHome have given credence, there will be political pressure to bring criminal charges for activity that is not criminal.

I hope those people will take the time to reconsider and correct their misstatements.

Oh, hey, let me add, I'm not one to point to the police as a credible source. I am a public defender, people. But they are a more credible source here than Tucker Carlson. I am also trying to beat the MAGA folks at their own game. Like, what, you don't believe law enforcement?

P.S. And, yes, for those who have asked, I have a copy of the actual police report.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

The partisan but jovial Andrew Breibart freely admitted he made up stories and inflated unsubstantiated rumors in order to get back at people he simply didn't like. Breitbart, much like Steve Bannon, followed his ambitions to LA and the entertainment industry, where his career didn't go as planned. Breitbart and Bannon found new careers getting revenge on the people who didn't let them into their club. It's a common theme among the conservative press. 

But again, HuskerNation1: a story is being reported. Your family's life hangs on who is telling the truth. Do you listen to the New York Times? Or InfoWorld?

• Plus1 1