Warrior10

Colorado Tickets

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They're scared.

7iYjxVh.jpg

There should be a page in the media guide like this...

My son and wife and I were talk just tonight about how hardcore our fan base is. They went to the Michigan Nebraska volleyball game last year, 30% red in a small high school size arena. We show up and represent, it's awesome. 

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

In my experience, at least as far as 'liking', most of the B1G schools really like us, think we're a great addition to the conference, and root for us to be good and competitive like we have been historically. 

It's 15 minutes to the Big House and 45 minutes to Spartan Stadium from my house. Both fan bases genuinely like us and want to see Frost succeed (succeed = win the west and lose to them in to conference championship game). I can't wait till they hate us.

• Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1

There are so many Nebraska Fans right in my own neighborhood that we have watching parties.  When the Husker play here in Minnesota, they sell the stadium out and we have a sea of red in the maroon and gold.  My neighbors son is a senior in high school this year and he and his best friend have chosen to go to school in Lincoln at the University of Nebraska. We blood red here.  Doesn't hurt that his dad was premed at NU, did his residency in Omaha at the University of Nebraska Med Center and was a boyhood friend of Charlie McBride's son!

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

I think they have a case of Little Man Syndrome.

It's all due to their lil' bitty insignificant 50K stadium......and they don't know how to use it either. That would give anyone a complex :lol:

12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

It's all due to their lil' bitty insignificant 50K stadium......and they don't know how to use it either. That would give anyone a complex :lol:

Reminds me of those tiny little dogs at the dog park who think they are vicious but mostly just hilariously mismatched.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:38 PM, Landlord said:

In my experience, at least as far as 'liking', most of the B1G schools really like us, think we're a great addition to the conference, and root for us to be good and competitive like we have been historically. 

This seems like the general feeling around the conference to me.... except for maybe Iowa.

I also have a bit of a chip on my shoulder when it comes to Wisconsin.... I flew the Husker flag throughout my youth when I lived there and we were at our peak, but we never got much respect there then. Now we can't beat them and they don't really understand what the big deal was.

I need those guys to experience a little bit of vintage Husker football, for my own well being.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

subterfuge by the CU Athletic office....?

Maybe. Doesn't look like tickets are on sale today...yet. 

Saw something on the r/huskers subreddit earlier.  IF you buy a ticket to the Dead and Company concert they will send you a code to be able to buy single game tickets before they go on sale next week. up to 10 tickets for every game but Nebraska.  The Nebraska game is limited to 6.  One ticket it going for about $85.  Might be worth it to someone who wants to secure up to 6 tickets.  An extra $13-14 a ticket split 6 ways isn't too bad considering what they'll probably go for on the secondary markets.  Might be able to recoup some of that money if you sell the concert ticket.  I'm very tempted to do it.

Please note that I have not personally tried this and only read about it. Buyer beware.

EDIT: Some further reading leads me to believe that it's probably not working anymore.  Disregard.  Sorry!

2 minutes ago, darkhorse85 said:

Saw something on the r/huskers subreddit earlier.  IF you buy a ticket to the Dead and Company concert they will send you a code to be able to buy single game tickets before they go on sale next week. up to 10 tickets for every game but Nebraska.  The Nebraska game is limited to 6.  One ticket it going for about $85.  Might be worth it to someone who wants to secure up to 6 tickets.  An extra $13-14 a ticket split 6 ways isn't too bad considering what they'll probably go for on the secondary markets.  Might be able to recoup some of that money if you sell the concert ticket.  I'm very tempted to do it.

Please note that I have not personally tried this and only read about it. Buyer beware.

From replies in the comments, that glitch has been corrected and doesn't work now

3 minutes ago, theknife said:

From replies in the comments, that glitch has been corrected and doesn't work now

Yeah, just saw that too.  Thanks for saying something!

It looks like you can have priority and buy tickets a bit early (maybe on the 28th?) if you donate $200 to the Ralphie live mascot program fund. You have to put in a $200 refundable deposit now then they will email you prior to public sale for your opportunity. Limit 4 tickets. Don’t know if it will work but that’s what their website says.

The fact that things like buying concert tickets or donating to a random school's mascot fund are being discussed just to have the opportunity to buy pre sale tickets proves the dedication of Nebraska fans.  How many other schools have fans considering these things?  Craziness. 

GBR

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

The fact that things like buying concert tickets or donating to a random school's mascot fund are being discussed just to have the opportunity to buy pre sale tickets proves the dedication of Nebraska fans.  How many other schools have fans considering these things?  Craziness. 

GBR

We're still living rent free in their heads. Heck they have a Friday night game near Halloween against USC and those tickets are less than half price than our game on the secondary market.

• Plus1 1

23 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

It looks like you can have priority and buy tickets a bit early (maybe on the 28th?) if you donate $200 to the Ralphie live mascot program fund. You have to put in a $200 refundable deposit now then they will email you prior to public sale for your opportunity. Limit 4 tickets. Don’t know if it will work but that’s what their website says.

Where on their website does it say this?

I filled out one of their online ticket interest forms. They called me back within a day (probably because I have a Colorado phone number). The guy on the phone seemed disappointed that all I wanted was Huskers tix. He got really vague about how they will probably go on sale the 29th, maybe around 9ish or so.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, macroboy said:

I filled out one of their online ticket interest forms. They called me back within a day (probably because I have a Colorado phone number). The guy on the phone seemed disappointed that all I wanted was Huskers tix. He got really vague about how they will probably go on sale the 29th, maybe around 9ish or so.

What a bunch of losers. Maybe we should just all buy Colorado section tickets.

On 5/26/2019 at 9:35 AM, macroboy said:

At some point last month they had some links on their site. I donated then and bought tickets today.

• Plus1 1

A friend signed up for the Ralphie $200 refundable deposit.  He signed in today to look at tickets cheapest available were $180 per ticket.

Hey everyone.... Use this, my sister got it sent to her at work... We bought 6.

22072b1e5726584c4d98d2a1d6c81076.jpg
595b87a23343a028a4e4326f334a9292.jpg
Buy Single Game Football Tickets Before the General Public!

Dont forget, your exclusive presale ends Tuesday, May 28. The ticket limit for the Nebraska game is 6 per account, including any previous presales. All other games, the limit is 10. Season ticket holders get discounts on additional tickets to all games except Nebraska.

These tickets are not intended for re-sale.

This code can be used one time.  Please click below to access the presale and enter the ENTIRE access code: GOBUFFS19:5EHTGHPY

PRESALE SITE

2c6d32aa67cd3af065733d5f42ea064b.jpg
  Facebook   Twitter   Instagram  

Colorado Footer
This message was sent to
  • Plus1 1

I just used it, try using chrome in incognito mode... Oh wait... it say right there.... One time use :(

Enter some random stuff after the colon... Maybe you'll get lucky.

Looks like you'll be paying about $200 a ticket for the cheapest seats left for single game tickets on the CU website.  I'll just hope that my request for tickets from NU gets approved.  Haven't heard anything yet.

1 minute ago, darkhorse85 said:

I wanted to believe they'd be cheaper but I just knew they wouldn't be.

If you did not buy them yet...just wait.

As always there will be loads of tickets floating around as the game gets closer.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If you did not buy them yet...just wait.

As always there will be loads of tickets floating around as the game gets closer.

Oh I know.  Waiting to see if I'll get tickets from our AD or not.  Hope I do but if not I know I"ll be okay.  I have some family near Boulder that's going to try to grab as many tickets as they can that are floating around their social circles in the coming months.  They aren't going to mention that they are for Husker fans haha.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I don't need to go that badly. Heck the secondary market isn't as high as their ticket office right now. Scattered singles for $195... FUCU

I was able to get 7 tickets over the last month.  A friend of mine who is a CU ticket holder got his max of 4 additional tickets.  I am using those for me, my wife, and our 2 kids.  Then last week, I used the presale code to get 3 more for my brothers who are coming out from Omaha for the game.  I didn't want to risk not having tickets for my family.

Hopefully stuff like this cures the nostalgia people have for these old backstabbing Big 8 foes. These teams were never anything other than a business necessity for Nebraska. They always treated us like it, they profited off our continued bowl streak, and they became jealous and spiteful of our success. Screw these teams.

• Plus1 4

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hopefully stuff like this cures the nostalgia people have for these old backstabbing Big 8 foes. These teams were never anything other than a business necessity for Nebraska. They always treated us like it, they profited off our continued bowl streak, and they became jealous and spiteful of our success. Screw these teams.

I really have very little nostalgia for them and really don't care if we schedule the old big 8 teams in the future.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was able to get 7 tickets over the last month.  A friend of mine who is a CU ticket holder got his max of 4 additional tickets.  I am using those for me, my wife, and our 2 kids.  Then last week, I used the presale code to get 3 more for my brothers who are coming out from Omaha for the game.  I didn't want to risk not having tickets for my family.

This is pretty much the perfect reason to get them ahead of time...OR if you are taking a friend to their first game.

If I was taking family, especially kids, there is no way I am trying to deal with scalping.

• Plus1 1

They're making an effort to keep NU fans out.  I got 8 and the presale guy actually looked me up to make sure I was an alumnus.   It's going to end up backfiring, as many CU season ticket holders can pay for the whole season by scalping the Huskers game at these prices.

• Plus1 1

They say on the website that the tickets aren’t meant for resale. Are they taking actual measures to try to stop Colorado fans from selling them?

This "article" is in reference to the CU tweet above:

Buffaloes football won’t have to worry about a Nebraska takeover of Folsom Field

Yesterday, a full two weeks after it was posted, Nebraska’s SB Nation account, Corn Nation wrote about that announcement. Why they took so long to comment is beyond me. Maybe that’s how long it takes for their dial-up internet to load TweetDeck. Or maybe they take turns having internet access — Darrell gets it this hour on this day, Courtney gets it at this, and Nate got the internet for the hour in which he saw the news and wrote the article.

Regardless, the basis for the article is that CU is afraid of Nebraska fans will buy all the tickets, drive (via wagon train?) to Boulder and take over the stadium. Huskers fans apparently did this is 2000 against Notre Dame, which is pretty cool! I only commend the effort because it was Notre Dame, and everyone in college football gets to set aside their differences and rivalries to make fun of the Irish.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 6

Is it true that CU fans have to buy allotments of 3 games just to attend the Husker game?  

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why would CU fans be buying them?  Aren't their games sold out already?

They rarely sold out their games even when their team was good. Their fanbase is garbage. Their program is garbage. And whoever wrote that article that GSG posted is a dumbass.

• Plus1 3

27 minutes ago, GSG said:

This "article" is in reference to the CU tweet above:

Buffaloes football won’t have to worry about a Nebraska takeover of Folsom Field

Yesterday, a full two weeks after it was posted, Nebraska’s SB Nation account, Corn Nation wrote about that announcement. Why they took so long to comment is beyond me. Maybe that’s how long it takes for their dial-up internet to load TweetDeck. Or maybe they take turns having internet access — Darrell gets it this hour on this day, Courtney gets it at this, and Nate got the internet for the hour in which he saw the news and wrote the article.

Regardless, the basis for the article is that CU is afraid of Nebraska fans will buy all the tickets, drive (via wagon train?) to Boulder and take over the stadium. Huskers fans apparently did this is 2000 against Notre Dame, which is pretty cool! I only commend the effort because it was Notre Dame, and everyone in college football gets to set aside their differences and rivalries to make fun of the Irish. 

giphy.gif

Showing off that quality CU education with the bold.  :rolleyes:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone able to get tickets now. They only have club level seats. For 5 tickets it was $2325. That's more than I want to spend.