Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

That seems like a really aggressive goal, if they are talking every year.

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

A Super Regional appearance every year?  That's pretty high standards.  I understand NU made regular appearances at that level in the early 2000's, but that was peak NU baseball.  I don't think it's reasonable for NU to maintain peak levels as a standard.

I agree

How about 3 out of 5 years?

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That's still pretty unreasonable.  Arkansas has made the Super Regional 4 out of the past 8 years.  You expect NU to be better at baseball than Arkansas?  Yes, it's been done in the past, but those were outlier seasons.

I don't think it is, at all. With the facilities and budget spent on baseball, I expect Nebraska to be the class of the Big Ten, and with that, comes opportunities at success in the post season, however you'd like to frame it. 

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

I don't think it is, at all. With the facilities and budget spent on baseball, I expect Nebraska to be the class of the Big Ten, and with that, comes opportunities at success in the post season, however you'd like to frame it. 

I understand the expectations of being the class of the Big Ten, but frankly, the Big Ten baseball isn't very good.  While NU may be good for the Big Ten, that doesn't bode well for the NCAA tournament success.

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

Maybe I used the wrong language for it but to anyone not being routinely pedantic about the tiniest most inconsequential verbiage

giphy.gif

I think the point that A) Erstad has underwhelmed and B) what he's done isn't much more impressive than what Miles has, was at least fairly obvious. 

This is your opinion.  I think it's pretty dismissive of what Erstad as done.  And you glossed over the part where Miles has four year within one loss of the school record for losses. 

So, no, it's not really obvious.  

Also in the same spirit of being pedantic, I never said their accomplishments were basically the same. I said Erstad has barely accomplished more. As a wizard of words you should know there's worlds and worlds of difference in pure meaning between those two statements Mav :lol:

.... speaking of being "pedantic about the tiniest most inconsequential verbiage" ....

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I would say Erstad will need to step his game up. He was able to float by because Mike Riley was the biggest fish to fry. That problem is solved. Then Tim Miles was the next fish to fry. Problem solved. Now everyone will have their eyes on the next biggest sport. Baseball. Better win. 

• Fire 1

Moos is going to bring to Nebraska an era of unparalleled success in sports.  All of the trolls (and people who do not want Nebraska to dominate in sports again) coming out of the woodwork to spread rumors about Moos being canned or Moos has 'issues' or Moos is on the hot seat, says it all.  Moos is hitting home run after home run and this has the anti-Nebraska crowd freaking out.  Moos is here to stay and is well on his way to being the best AD the University has ever had. 

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 2
10 minutes ago, Bledred said:

Moos is going to bring to Nebraska an era of unparalleled success in sports.  All of the trolls (and people who do not want Nebraska to dominate in sports again) coming out of the woodwork to spread rumors about Moos being canned or Moos has 'issues' or Moos is on the hot seat, says it all.  Moos is hitting home run after home run and this has the anti-Nebraska crowd freaking out.  Moos is here to stay and is well on his way to being the best AD the University has ever had. 

Welcome to the board Bill!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Toe said:

He really captured the bizarre, totally fabricated reporting that portrayed Miles as a martyr and Moos as an evil doer.  I was disappointed that Moos kept his remarks short at Hoibergs introductory presser but it makes sense.  He gave the media nothing that could be twisted and let his homerun hire do the talking for him.  Moos handled the firing of Miles and hiring of Hoiberg flawlessly.  Hopefully our embattled AD can survive these awesome coaching hires.

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, Toe said:

5 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

He really captured the bizarre, totally fabricated reporting that portrayed Miles as a martyr and Moos as an evil doer.  I was disappointed that Moos kept his remarks short at Hoibergs introductory presser but it makes sense.  He gave the media nothing that could be twisted and let his homerun hire do the talking for him.  Moos handled the firing of Miles and hiring of Hoiberg flawlessly.  Hopefully our embattled AD can survive these awesome coaching hires.

Its satire...

It seems weird to me that some people can't just be happy. They always have to have some drama around.