All hail the transfer portal....

Despite Scott's connections to the AAC we never seem to pursue kids like this but.... this guy is a player and we'll need ILB help presuming Miller and Honas don't return.

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sports/temple/temple-linebacker-isaiah-graham-mobley-transfer-portal-20201212.html

In 2019, Graham-Mobley saw extensive action despite playing on a linebacking unit that has three current NFL players, Shaun Bradley (Eagles), Chapelle Russell (Tampa Bay) and Sam Franklin (Carolina). He suffered a season-ending ankle injury in the ninth game.

A product of Upper Merion High School, Graham-Mobley, was considered one of the top players in the American Athletic Conference heading into this season. But he suffered a season-ending high ankle sprain in the second game against South Florida.

In two games this season, the 6-foot-2, 225-pound Graham-Mobley, had 19 tackles and one sack.

2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Despite Scott's connections to the AAC we never seem to pursue kids like this but.... this guy is a player and we'll need ILB help presuming Miller and Honas don't return.

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sports/temple/temple-linebacker-isaiah-graham-mobley-transfer-portal-20201212.html

I'm not saying we shouldn't go after him.  But I don't think we're in bad shape at ILB.  Not much for experience - only Henrich has played - but we already have one transfer in Kolarevic, a JUCO from last year in Mauga plus Hannah and Snodgrass as RS-Sophs and bringing in three freshmen.

Edit: Left off Reimer

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm not saying we shouldn't go after him.  But I don't think we're in bad shape at ILB.  Not much for experience - only Henrich has played - but we already have one transfer in Kolarevic, a JUCO from last year in Mauga plus Hannah and Snodgrass as RS-Sophs and bringing in three freshmen.

We also have Reimer inside available as well, right? 

If the Temple transfer can bring pressure on a blitz then I'm all for it but otherwise, you're right in that we have a pretty decent setup at the spot already.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

We also have Reimer inside available as well, right? 

If the Temple transfer can bring pressure on a blitz then I'm all for it but otherwise, you're right in that we have a pretty decent setup at the spot already.

Yes.  Thanks.  Apparently I hadn't added him to my scholarship chart for 2021.

• Plus1 1

That time of year where JUCO and transfer interest might be a sign of expected attrition. The staff will know more in a couple weeks once the season is officially over.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see some new interest at RB or WR for sure or basically any of the LB spots. Next year’s defense could look a little young and inexperienced depending on what guys like Honas and Domann decide to do. There’s always attrition, just have to hope and expect it to be of the good variety and minimal of the bad variety lol.

I’d be floored if we make a move for a transfer QB. I think that would signify someone is leaving, maybe even plural.