All hail the transfer portal....

10 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Cannot accept an academic scholly if he plays, but yes, I assume he'd be just fine at Nebraska comparatively :D 

Since the Ivy League doesn't give "athletic scholarships" he is attending Princeton on either an academic or based on financial need scholarship or possibly both. If he could get the same deal at UNL, till he sees the field, it would be a win/win for everyone. 

5 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

Since the Ivy League doesn't give "athletic scholarships" he is attending Princeton on either an academic or based on financial need scholarship or possibly both. If he could get the same deal at UNL, till he sees the field, it would be a win/win for everyone. 

You would still need to count him towards the 85 because of the chance he plays.  

We need help most from the DBs - especially depth. 

I'd take Marquis Waters from Duke at safety. Started last 3 years for them. Antwan Collier from UCF would be a good pick up as well, but was arrested in October so I'm sure we no longer will look there. Julius Brents from Iowa is a solid player as well. Jammie Robinson from SC would be a good DB and Returner. 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

We need help most from the DBs - especially depth. 

I'd take Marquis Waters from Duke at safety. Started last 3 years for them. Antwan Collier from UCF would be a good pick up as well, but was arrested in October so I'm sure we no longer will look there. Julius Brents from Iowa is a solid player as well. Jammie Robinson from SC would be a good DB and Returner. 

You're right on the depth aspect after many of the Miami kids left but overall, DBs are a relatively impressive group: Cam, Newsome, Farmer, NPG, Clark, Gifford, Joseph & Lynum. Unproven in many cases but a lot to like from the group. 

Like Junior College recruits, I think we should only take one if that person can be an immediate improvement. Any of the four mentioned could be improvements but we would need to be very picky if we chase after them. I'd hate to see a young but developing player (like an NPG, Newsome or Lynum) transfer because we chase after a one and done transfer. 

• Fire 1
32 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

You're right on the depth aspect after many of the Miami kids left but overall, DBs are a relatively impressive group: Cam, Newsome, Farmer, NPG, Clark, Gifford, Joseph & Lynum. Unproven in many cases but a lot to like from the group. 

Like Junior College recruits, I think we should only take one if that person can be an immediate improvement. Any of the four mentioned could be improvements but we would need to be very picky if we chase after them. I'd hate to see a young but developing player (like an NPG, Newsome or Lynum) transfer because we chase after a one and done transfer. 

Honestly Frost needs to do whatever results in having the best talent on the field. So many people are worried about hurting feelings and kids transferring. If they are good enough they will play. We need to start worrying about winning and not about oh well if we take a transfer will our freshman leave? s#!t he will probably transfer anyway- look around college football. Kids are bolting teams left and right. So while other programs are taking transfers that can help them win by being a starter or provide depth. We worry if we will piss off our mid 3 star players