Maurice Washington Faces Charges

7 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

This story keeps getting more weird. She was apparently expelled from Kings Academy over the video per the Dead Spin article. How can a victim get expelled over a video showing her being assaulted??? We have only seen the tip of the iceberg of the facts in this matter. 

Why was the girl expelled from school?

This is an excerpt from the essay linked in the Deadspin article, which should raise more questions for the inquisitive:

When I was confronted about the video by my school’s principal, I told him I had no idea it was taken, and that I did not consent. They told me it was my word against theirs. They expelled me from that school. They deleted the videos off of their phones. They never reported the incident.

13 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

This story keeps getting more weird. She was apparently expelled from Kings Academy over the video per the Dead Spin article. How can a victim get expelled over a video showing her being assaulted??? We have only seen the tip of the iceberg of the facts in this matter. 

the boys were as well. 

24 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Why was the girl expelled from school?

This is an excerpt from the essay linked in the Deadspin article, which should raise more questions for the inquisitive:

I assume because the school administration thought she was involved in the taping and distribution despite her word that she wasn’t. 

25 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

She didn’t claim it was an assault until recently (2-3 years after the video was taken). Everything I’ve heard so far suggests that it was not obvious to anyone who watched the video that it was non consensual, including the police who were involved at the time. 

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Could be all of them.  Could be none of them.  But if that is the hill you want to die on, then maybe we can dispense with notion Frost is only recruiting players of high character.

Am I remembering this wrong or aren't you the "If Frost really wants to get us back to the top he's going to have to compromise some of his morals" or something like that?

• Haha 4

My opinion: [remember, just an opinion.  Don't know her, Mo or the gentlemen in said video nor did I see said video]

She was interested in and or was with one of the guys in said video.  He coaxed her into 3way.  Once it was happening, filming happened and she didn't say no to it because let's face it we are all different people in the moment.  Video gets around, she THEN regrets it.  Naturally, gets in trouble for it.  To cope with the disappointment from her parents and save face, decides she will say it was forced sexual assault.

As far as Washington goes.  Regardless of his relationship with her, he acquired the video.  Stupidly after saving it, he sent it to her as an FU of sorts.  Now he's a college athlete and an easy target and will pay the price.  From the sounds of it, nobody is innocent here.  But laws are laws and most teenagers ignore them and or don't know/understand them or the repercussions of them.

Personally, I'm hoping we can all have more details and more truth come out before throwing him or her under the bus any further.

• Plus1 5

14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I assume because the school administration thought she was involved in the taping and distribution despite her word that she wasn’t. 

That simply does not pass the smell test. If she was expelled under those circumstances, it would be an outrageous injustice, yet it doesn't seem to be part of the story at all. 

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Am I remembering this wrong or aren't you the "If Frost really wants to get us back to the top he's going to have to compromise some of his morals" or something like that?

Sounds like something I would say.  And that is the point I'm trying to make.  People on here that want to champion Frost as someone that is only going to recruit guys with high character need to stop thinking that way.  Because he's going to do what is necessary to win.

But compromising his morals would be more broad than just the character of players.

I will say one thing though--I don't have any tolerance for players that do things towards girls or women.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Ulty said:

That simply does not pass the smell test. If she was expelled under those circumstances, it would be an outrageous injustice, yet it doesn't seem to be part of the story at all. 

There's a story every month of a girl getting suspended for something stupid like wardrobe

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Sounds like something I would say.  And that is the point I'm trying to make.  People on here that want to champion Frost as someone that is only going to recruit guys with high character need to stop thinking that way.  Because he's going to do what is necessary to win.

But compromising his morals would be more broad than just the character of players.

I will say one thing though--I don't have any tolerance for players that do things towards girls or women.

I bet Frost's first question before offering Washington was "Any sexual scandals that could get you into trouble?  I need  real pieces of work to reinstall the 90's glory.  3way vid? You in it?  No. But you sent it to her? Perfect, you'll be a great RB for us!"

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1