*** 2024 Recruiting ***

1 minute ago, GlobalHusker said:

I gotta think that maybe one or two of the DB’s can switch to a different position?? Or are we expecting some more attrition?

Yeah, something's gotta give - probably some of both. Rhule did say a few guys listed at DB are probably going to grow into LBs - I'd assume at least Braylen Prude and Roger Gradney. But just shifting those to project to LB still doesn't reconcile the numbers, it's too many DBs IMO.

6 minutes ago, GlobalHusker said:

I gotta think that maybe one or two of the DB’s can switch to a different position?? Or are we expecting some more attrition?

Like @Husker in WI said, I think at least a couple are seen as potential LBs down the road.

No known attrition.  But it won't surprise me if at least a couple of the DBs from last year move on, one way or the other.

Easier said than done. Established, experienced QBs are entering the portal because they want significant playing time... not to play second fiddle behind a freshman phenom. I think we'll go after a portal QB, but if worst comes to worst HH will be the backup. Might have to persuade a serviceable QB with some NIL dough to make him willing to be backup. CT, perhaps?

12 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So if the info is real and chubba is going in portal. We gotta bring in someone as transfer to be experienced backup to Raiola right? Basically no one to push Raiola or execute a play if he would get hurt 

Not a perfect situation to have two true freshmen as QB 1 and 2.  But, I expect Kaelin to be the backup.

On 12/20/2023 at 8:48 AM, Mavric said:

2024 Profiles

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - DANIEL KAELINDYLAN RAIOLA
RB - 1 - 
WR - 6 - KEELAN SMITHDAE'VONN HALLISAIAH McMORRISQUINN CLARKJACORY BARNEY
TE - 3 - IAN FLYNTCARTER NELSONERIC INGWERSON
OT - 2 - GRANT BRIXALEXANDER RUGGEROLI
OG/C - 3 - PRESTON TAUMUAGIBSON PYLEJAKE PETERSLANDEN DAVIDSON

DL - 2 - ASHTON MURPHY

LB - 2 - WILLIS McGAHEEVINCENT SHAVERS
DB - 7 - ROGER GRADNEYMARIO BUFORDBRAYLEN PRUDEEVAN TAYLORDONOVAN JONESREX GUTHRIECALEB BENNING

P - 1 - KAMDYN KOCH

Early enrollees: Kaelin, Raiola, Hall, Smith, Barney, Brix, Flynt, Pyle, Murphy, McGahee, Gradney, Buford, Taylor, Guthrie

Hey Mav, what does the green color fill mean like IGC? Is it to denote a player using a medical redshirt waiver?

28 minutes ago, PattyG said:

Hey Mav, what does the green color fill mean like IGC? Is it to denote a player using a medical redshirt waiver?

It sounds like they are probably on NIL deals as opposed to scholarships.  We never get confirmation on things like that but I was marking them to see how close we are to 85.  It sounds like there may have been three more last year - Bleekrode, Fleeks and Ortiz - though that would have put us lower than 85.