BBS Upgrade Wednesday 8/28 at 10 AM

8 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

So you are attempting to migrate from Invision (a php/mysql application) to Xenforo (a php/mysql application).

With this free program (sql buddy) and a database username/pw for READ ACCESS you can look at the database schema of both applications and figure out how to map the data. http://sqlbuddy.com/

Each user in Invision clearly has a database field that contains the "member's total reputation" and another database field that contains the total number of posts. It is just a matter of finding the corrosponding fields in Xenforo and importing from Invision to Xenforo.

In my opinion, this should be done with Xenforo installed on a completely different domain: whatever.com

Once you see that all has gone well and whatever.com looks the way you want, then you just point the domain name huskerboard.com over to the whatever.com and delete whatever.com.

For that matter, it could be done in a SUBFOLDER of huskerboard.com (huskerboard.com/xenforo/) and when the operation is complete just repoint huskerboard .com to /xenforo/ as the root folder. Everything else would remain the same underneath that.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

That was my first time on Husker Max...

Cant say I like that layout at all...

Please, dear god, dont let us get that awful format/layout. 

Yeah, it's pretty bad. I'm far from a "techy" guy, but is there a reason they can't keep this format and just add the ads so they can make their money? That's what it's about anyhow.

21 hours ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

I must say that of all of the things someone could be concerned about regarding a message board turnover, losing reputation points has to be one of the strangest.

Shhh. If it keeps us this software then it’s good. 

Also, the ads on my phone aren’t too bad so far. Hopefully they generate enough revenue.

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Shhh. If it keeps us this software then it’s good. 

Also, the ads on my phone aren’t too bad so far. Hopefully they generate enough revenue.

I know this, if the choice is keeping meaningless points or having to go through three pages for 21 posts I know which choice I’d prefer. 

• Plus1 1