Wan'dale Robinson

39 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't know that you can call out the culture as the reason so many of Frost's receivers have transferred. A few have things in common, even culture for some, but just saying the players that transferred in a 3 year period played under the same coach isn't really saying much.

For the receivers that left:

• Woodyard - could argue it's culture, could argue he wasn't good and wasn't playing.
  • Hunt - the only 'culture' aspect is whether they knew he was a terrible person when they offered him. Mitigating factor is they threw the class together as well, shorter time to feel that out.
  • LeGrone - same as Hunt
  • Watt - not culture, didn't qualify
  • McGriff - just wasn't good. Again, could be culture but more likely a gamble on a project recruit didn't work out.
  • Chase - mental health and needing to be closer to home 
  • Fleming - culture sure, but from the sounds of it the piece of the culture he didn't like was off field expectations. The piece I'm fine losing players over.
  • Wan'Dale - needed to be closer to family.

The only way there's even a thread of culture problems is if you think 2 players are lying about why they left, or if you consider kicking sexual offenders off the team a "culture problem." If the culture problems were enough for Wan'Dale to leave, I think it would be a different tweet. Probably not "the culture is terrible," but there would be a dig or two in there. Why would you intentionally gloss over culture problems if they exist when you're leaving? 

You seemed to have left one very big name off the list...JD Spielman.  

I think there can certainly be multiple reasons for this vast attrition, but when you have two of your best offensive players transfer out in back to back years, that is more than just a coincidence.  Every player is their own individual and may provide their own rationale for leaving, but my gut tells me that, if Nebraska had been competive (or won) the BIG West the past 2 years and were in a repultable bowl game (a sign the program is on the rise) we likely would not be seeing such attrition. Players want to play for staffs that are getting results on the field.  They want to play for the excitement that College Football can bring. Right now there is not much excitement with the Nebraska program, and after 3 years of poor results, all Frost can sell prospective recruits on is playing time and the ability to be part of a future turnaround.

• Plus1 1

52 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't know that you can call out the culture as the reason so many of Frost's receivers have transferred. A few have things in common, even culture for some, but just saying the players that transferred in a 3 year period played under the same coach isn't really saying much.

For the receivers that left:

• Woodyard - could argue it's culture, could argue he wasn't good and wasn't playing.
  • Hunt - the only 'culture' aspect is whether they knew he was a terrible person when they offered him. Mitigating factor is they threw the class together as well, shorter time to feel that out.
  • LeGrone - same as Hunt
  • Watt - not culture, didn't qualify
  • McGriff - just wasn't good. Again, could be culture but more likely a gamble on a project recruit didn't work out.
  • Chase - mental health and needing to be closer to home 
  • Fleming - culture sure, but from the sounds of it the piece of the culture he didn't like was off field expectations. The piece I'm fine losing players over.
  • Wan'Dale - needed to be closer to family.

The only way there's even a thread of culture problems is if you think 2 players are lying about why they left, or if you consider kicking sexual offenders off the team a "culture problem." If the culture problems were enough for Wan'Dale to leave, I think it would be a different tweet. Probably not "the culture is terrible," but there would be a dig or two in there. Why would you intentionally gloss over culture problems if they exist when you're leaving? 

Right...that’s what I’m saying. These ‘reporters” want to do a deep dive but each player has their own set of circumstances and since people are lazy and only read tweets and headlines they automatically defer to its frosts fault. Maybe some but not all

37 minutes ago, lo country said:

Maybe we need to get better at recruiting lower tier guys we can develop, keep and that want to play.  Better evaulation, not just chasing stars.  Skill position recruiting (other than TE) has and continues to be a complete sh!t show.  Can't keep the guys we get or get them ready to play.  We now have no WR, no RB (unk about Mills staying)....And we are heading into year 4.  And that's BS.  Spare me the every school goes through this....Year 4 and we are void of any skill player (save TE/QB) that has played more than 2 minutes.  That's not culture.  That's coaching.  I want Frost to succeed, but dude needs some SERIOUS help.

Best of luck to Wan'dale.  That kid was a "dude" and we need a lot more dudes.  Family first.

Well, many (including you) were screaming "play the freshmen!".....so recruiting lower tier guys that need development ain't gonna help that.

Our skill position players will look better once the OL looks better.

Frost played up his undefeated season best he could for recruiting, but following the Mike Riley tenure at Nebraska was no picnic even with the UCF success.

Foster and Farmer were Pelini guys....and the last couple of seasons we've seen the drop-off to the Riley guys.  That's why Benhart and Piper played so much.  They were better than the upperclassmen, but far from experienced.

The OL is the hardest group.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Toe said:

Spielman wasn't a Frost recruit.

Sorry I was looking moreso at the angle of WR who have left under Frost.  What is more odd is that Spielman himself did well in the 2 years he played under Frost. When asked about his time at Nebraska, he had positive things to say about the people he met and played with, but he was not mentally happy at Nebraska for whatever reason.  Here are a couple of quotes he gave:

• “I appreciate everything Nebraska did for me,” he said, “but at the end of the day my time there had come to an end.”
  • It was hard to get up and leave that. But you also have to do what’s best for you and your career, and make sure that you’re mentally healthy, happy and go out there and still love the game you grew up playing.”
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Sorry I was looking moreso at the angle of WR who have left under Frost.  What is more odd is that Spielman himself did well in the 2 years he played under Frost. When asked about his time at Nebraska, he had positive things to say about the people he met and played with, but he was not mentally happy at Nebraska for whatever reason.  Here are a couple of quotes he gave:

• “I appreciate everything Nebraska did for me,” he said, “but at the end of the day my time there had come to an end.”
  • It was hard to get up and leave that. But you also have to do what’s best for you and your career, and make sure that you’re mentally healthy, happy and go out there and still love the game you grew up playing.”

Again, it didnt "help his career". Too many believe grass is greener, only to find out the hard way.

1 minute ago, HANC said:

Again, it didnt "help his career". Too many believe grass is greener, only to find out the hard way.

I agree, but the fact that we have many players who feel the grass is brown at Nebraska is the real concern in my opinion.  When Nebraska was good we did not see many players in key roles opting to leave for greener pastures.  Right now our pastures really stink. :)

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Wan'dale Robinson