*** 2019 Game 2 "Expert" Picks: Nebraska at Colorado ***

Saunders

51 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Talk is cheap

Every year we hear the same old BS (We had a great week of practice or we made some mistakes and we’ll get those corrected for nexts weeks game but nothing gets fixed, etc). 

All fall camp we’ve been hearing how hungry this team is and how hard they’ve been practicing and then to come out and play like dog poop against South Alabama is embarrassing. It’s the same ol’ tune we’ve been hearing for how many years with how many different coaches? 

Im tired of all the talk. It’s now time to walk the walk.  

Sure, they swallowed the plate s few times and nearly choked to death, but they were hungry.

1 hour ago, Dewiz said:

Talk is cheap

Every year we hear the same old BS (We had a great week of practice or we made some mistakes and we’ll get those corrected for nexts weeks game but nothing gets fixed, etc). 

All fall camp we’ve been hearing how hungry this team is and how hard they’ve been practicing and then to come out and play like dog poop against South Alabama is embarrassing. It’s the same ol’ tune we’ve been hearing for how many years with how many different coaches? 

The offense has some new pieces in place.

And the defense isn't getting enough credit for a solid first game.  The defense scored twice.

The secondary played surprisingly well.  Duval has the corners and safeties the size of linebackers.  Every opposing QB is gonna have to account for Taylor-Britt and Jackson.  They can pop a QB in blitz packages.

Edited by TheSker
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Dewiz said:

Talk is cheap

A lot of people said NU was too simple last week.  Walters stated they put too much in.  Then he states if one person doesn't do their job everything is off.

What offense is predicated on literally 11 guys making the best play and no mistakes for success?

Agree, too much talk.  Just deliver.

• Plus1 1

The best thing for the Husker Hype Train was getting derailed a bit but still getting to it's destination.  By that I mean they got shaken up after being highly taunted in the pre season and coming out flat but still managed a win.  Believing the hype before it was earned was a recipe for getting stomped in Boulder.  I think they'll use this as motivation and be a much better team overall this week.

• Plus1 2
50 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

A lot of people said NU was too simple last week.  Walters stated they put too much in.  Then he states if one person doesn't do their job everything is off.

What offense is predicated on literally 11 guys making the best play and no mistakes for success?

Agree, too much talk.  Just deliver.

Agreed. Time to nut up. This is the measuring stick for this season, we win this game like many predicted before last weekend happened, I see us going 9-3/8-4. Lose it and 6-6 is what I see. This is Frosts biggest game so far for us. Our offense was pathetic last weekend. So is he the offensive guru we all thought he was when he signed here and able to turn it around in a hurry? I hope so but the time for talk is over. 

I feel pretty confident the offense won’t sh#t the bed again. USA had to be an aberration. We all know 2AM is way better than that because he was in every single game he played last season.  CU’s defense looked like a dumpster fire against CSU. But their offense looked very good (against a bad CSU defense). Our D will need to show up and control Montez and Shenault and our O will obviously have to play much better. I’m expecting somewhat of a high scoring shootout affair 42-34 Huskers.

• Plus1 1

When I was formulating my season record guess I had 3 games I felt were likely losses, 2 games that were very likely wins and 2 losses lumped into the remaining basket of teams. CU was one of the games I felt might be a loss but felt pretty good that NU would find a way to win in Boulder against a first year coach. After last weekend, I'm not as confident.

This game is pretty much a toss-up in my mind but with the CU having the home field maybe a bit in their favor. CU's offense looked pretty potent last week while NU's defense looked pretty stingy. On the other had CU's defense pretty much sucked as did NU's offense. Both teams were playing non P5 teams that were not very good the previous year. And both teams are coming off very bad years themselves.

I won't be surprised whichever team wins. I guess the only thing that will surprise me is a blowout, one way or the other.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Redux said:

The best thing for the Husker Hype Train was getting derailed a bit but still getting to it's destination.  By that I mean they got shaken up after being highly taunted in the pre season and coming out flat but still managed a win.  Believing the hype before it was earned was a recipe for getting stomped in Boulder.  I think they'll use this as motivation and be a much better team overall this week.

I honestly agree with you and it's not because I know who your avatar is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

But their offense looked very good (against a bad CSU defense).

CSU’s defense was better this year. In last year’s game they couldn’t even get lined up. Colorado gained fewer yards per play this year than last, though likely still more than they’d expect to gain against just about any P5. 

I dont think there is a ton to take away from last week’s game, but I was impressed with how well organized Colorado was in game 1 with a new coach. Didn’t sound like their practices were always that way. Their offense last year saw a steep drop from game 1 to game 2, so let’s hope it also does this year.

• Plus1 3
14 minutes ago, brophog said:

CSU’s defense was better this year. In last year’s game they couldn’t even get lined up. Colorado gained fewer yards per play this year than last, though likely still more than they’d expect to gain against just about any P5. 

I dont think there is a ton to take away from last week’s game, but I was impressed with how well organized Colorado was in game 1 with a new coach. Didn’t sound like their practices were always that way. Their offense last year saw a steep drop from game 1 to game 2, so let’s hope it also does this year.

I was giddy at the prospect of our O meeting their D Friday night. I wasn't quite so giddy by about 2PM Saturday.

This is not scientific at all but I figure out offense has to do light-years better this week because surely they can't be that bad again and I can't face the alternative. I really do think we'll be okay as long as our defense gets some stops/turnovers and if we contain Laviska to some degree.

• Plus1 1