Ohio State Week Pressers

Mavric

15 minutes ago, ScawFraw said:

Gonna have to do a lot better than "They are serious now".

I dont understand how they were not serious until now. Maybe they were too confident to start the year. But I guess I thought part of the culture change was doing things the right way, taking 1 opponent at a time, being dialed in and practicing the right way. 

Now it sounds like they were still messing around but now they are serious? I dont get it

Its not going to play well after the game if your going to do well now cause your serious- but then go get waxed on the field. No one will listen to anything they say anymore.

• Plus1 1

They are amazing college athletes capable of so much... but they are still college kids.  Taking this week a little more serious is natural.  Coaches try but they can't fully control player emotions or excitement.  I'm sure there is a little more focus this week knowing every guy across the line of scrimmage is at minimum an equal in talent.     

Overreacting to tweets?

Perhaps you've never noticed but sports "journalists" don't ask the most insightful probing questions and even if they did it would be answered with the same "don't give anything away", "don't give the other team any bulletin board material", "don't throw anybody under the bus or set anybody on too high a pedestal" Coach-Speak you see virtually everywhere. Frost has named Parcells and Belichick as two of his mentors (and he clearly has taken his attitude about not talking about injuries from Belichick) I think that the sports journalists have to try to come up with SOMETHING to "feed the beast" of twitter and justify their salaries. If their job was actually HARD, I might even pity them, but it's hard to even call it a job.

The days of Vince Lombardi and Yogi Berra quotes for the ages are pretty much long gone.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I dont understand how they were not serious until now. Maybe they were too confident to start the year. But I guess I thought part of the culture change was doing things the right way, taking 1 opponent at a time, being dialed in and practicing the right way. 

Now it sounds like they were still messing around but now they are serious? I dont get it

Its not going to play well after the game if your going to do well now cause your serious- but then go get waxed on the field. No one will listen to anything they say anymore.

Exactly.

14 hours ago, huskered17 said:

I hope are fans are polite to the Game Day guys. Lot of Husker fans don't like Kirk H, but that doesn't mean we can't show them what  Husker fans are made of. I take pride in telling people down here about us.

GBR!!!

Herbie’s honest.  We’ve sucked for pretty much the last almost two decades and he says it. He sells out everyone- including his alma mater. People need to quit letting others pull their strings. 

• Plus1 5