***Official Wisconsin Game Discussion Thread***

knapplc

Just now, milehighbob said:

It takes brains. Which I am not sure our linebackers have. Its football not a cross examination of a hostile witness. I am 100% positive chins knows what gap our LB's should be hitting, but our players just cannot do it.

I agree with this.  Some plays on o and d are definitely questionable but I think there is a serious talent deficiency.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Chins D is not built to get stops.  It's predicated on TO's and counting on the O to put up Xbox numbers.  The O is predicated on big plays and the D getting TO's.  When we are not putting up 50 points and D gets no TO's you get crushed.  Something has got to change.  I'd hire Urbs in the off season to explain how the B1G works to this staff.  

The issue is the first guy is “tackling” high going for the ball.  He needs to secure the tackle and the next guy can look for the strip.  Problem is everyone is going for the ball allowing any ball carrier, not just Taylor, to have about 10 in yac.  And when the score, like right now, gets compounded every first contact guy thinks he needs to be the hero to turn it around.  Thus lies one of many fatal flaws with this defensive theory 

1 minute ago, milehighbob said:

It takes brains. Which I am not sure our linebackers have. Its football not a cross examination of a hostile witness. I am 100% positive chins knows what gap our LB's should be hitting, but our players just cannot do it.

When all of the 3 inside backers that play, play the same way and every one on defense tackles the same way by not wrapping up it reflects the way they're coached. Chin is the dc its his fault.

• Plus1 1