Will we beat Iowa?

r06ue1

Will we beat Iowa? Discuss.   

146 members have voted

1. 1. Will we beat Iowa? Discuss.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/2019 at 06:30 PM

7 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Does Iowa fan really hate Husker fan like that?  Cause straight up we dont care about them

If we were doing better, as we used to many moons ago, we'd "care about them" in the same way we care about the hamburger we're eating before the game.  We'd wait for it to get here in front of us.  We'd consume it.  And we'd go on about our week afterwards.  *burp*

But we're not doing so well.. we're one of the worst football programs in the Big Ten and in the Div 1 of the NCAA.  So now many of us care a lot about Iowa;  this rivalry talk is springing from anxiety, not from any sort of important feeling like we had with Oklahoma or Missouri.. or Colorado.  Especially Oklahoma.  With Iowa it's about a fairly good team coming here and reminding us how crappy our team is and has been for a long time now.  That's about it as to the Nebraska/Iowa "rivalry," as far as I can see.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2019 at 10:18 AM, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

The past several years have been a real problem for anyone trying to predict the outcome of Nebraska games, no matter who's favored.

But, although we blew out another struggling team at their house.. nope.  Iowa is very likely just too much for us at this point.

I've made $600 this season beating against Nebraska so that's false. I'll keep betting against them too until I see improvement.  If my team is gonna stink at least I'll profit off it. Our team cant even line up properly on defense. I'm basically stealing money but its legal

14 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Does Iowa fan really hate Husker fan like that? 

Yes

14 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Cause straight up we dont care about them

That's...not true. 

Anyways don't know if we will beat them or not, but the last time we did was the most fun game we've had in this series since we switched conferences.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, ndobney said:

I've made $600 this season beating against Nebraska so that's false. I'll keep betting against them too until I see improvement.  If my team is gonna stink at least I'll profit off it. Our team cant even line up properly on defense. I'm basically stealing money but its legal

With fans like you, who needs enemies...

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

IF 2AM plays like 2AM 1.0 vs 2.0 we win.  I'd plan for AM to run 10-12 designed runs.  I'd also plan for them to spy him all game like Wisky did.  Never leave the middle of the field open to run.  That means Iowa will be one defender down the entire game watching AM.  Frost has to scheme to make this a liability.  I am sure that Iowa will stack the box and make AM beat them with his arm.  Going deep AND being successful will pull them out.....Hoping Frost has Frost has got some plays to make an aggressive D pay....PA, misdirection, counters, 2 back sets......etc

.I'm concerned with Iowa forcing us to grind it out as they don't give up big plays.  However, we lead the B1G in big plays.....Just can't score......or the D can't stop.  

I stand by my earlier comment we see a team we haven't seen this year come out tomorrow (see play calling above on O) and a lot of pressures from the front 4.  And we finally get the Iowa monkey off our back.   Get Frost's 1st signature win and go bowling.  A lot of the guys on this NU team have never beaten Iowa....But a lot of the Iowa kids have never lost to NU.  Need to send them home knowing what it feels like to lose to NU.  And get used to it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

My head tells me we lose...  my HEART tells me we win.  I'm very hopeful.  Some folks on this forum make a half-athed 'pass' at saying this isn't a rivalry.  It IS a rivalry to ME!  I think it's a rivalry to this current team as well.  I really DO believe this team has enough talent and plays to beat Iowa and as a fan, I WILL BE ROOTING EXACTLY FOR THAT TIL THE END OF THE GODDAM GAME~  GOBIG RED!  BEATIOWA!

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, ndobney said:

"3rd and Chinander" has paid extremely well this year. I would be surprised if that changes tomorrow.