The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, nic said:

I do not feel bad for Owen's, I am sure she has plenty of money to get a test whenever she wants. I do feel bad for the person that turned her away, and the health care workers working long hours in crowded ICUs, and the hypocrites that are racist toward Owens..and you. This response and others confirms what I was thinking.

Racist? Doesn't have to do with race. Just sick of all the anti-vaxxers. People like her are the reason I have to work covid red zones and wonder if I'm bringing covid home to an unvaccinated toddler. f#&% her.  Anti-vaxxers are a s#!t stain on society. 

• Plus1 5
On 9/3/2021 at 7:24 PM, FrantzHardySwag said:

Racist? Doesn't have to do with race. Just sick of all the anti-vaxxers. People like her are the reason I have to work covid red zones and wonder if I'm bringing covid home to an unvaccinated toddler. f#&% her.  Anti-vaxxers are a s#!t stain on society. 

I wasn’t talking about you being racist for disliking Owens, but there are people that treat Owens, Elders, Scott and others black conservatives in a way that would be pounced on for racism if they were liberal pundits. LA Times articles on Elders, Uncle Tim treading on Twitter. Those very hypocritical people. I don’t know you at all. I would prefer to know someone and witness actions or hear racist comments before I assume they are racist. 

• Plus1 1

On 9/3/2021 at 7:56 PM, nic said:

...and the hypocrites that are racist toward Owens..and you. 

2 hours ago, nic said:

I would prefer to know someone and witness actions or hear racist comments before I assume they are racist. 

Okay then, who are the hypocrites you know being racist towards Candace Owens?

8 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Okay then, who are the hypocrites you know being racist towards Candace Owens?

Calling Elder’s the face of white supremacy and Tim Scott ‘Uncle Tim’ wasn’t enough for you? Let me take a quick look and get back with you.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

Calling Elder’s the face of white supremacy and Tim Scott ‘Uncle Tim’ wasn’t enough for you? Let me take a quick look and get back with you.

I’m hoping you actually  do “get back” because neither of those examples are “racist” and neither is about Owens.

Calling someone a racist is often silly, but rarely racist.  If ever…

2 hours ago, nic said:

I have no idea who you're talking about that said/did these things. I'm just assuming you know them personally, since you don't like to call a person racist without knowing them.

20 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

They see the virus on a daily basis. They know the unvaccinated vs vaccinated data and they’re still too f#&%ing stupid to get the vaccine. Thats Kentucky for you, the unshaven gooch of America.

To be fair, there are rumblings of similar lawsuits coming from some of Nebraska's largest hospitals...

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

I have no idea who you're talking about that said/did these things. I'm just assuming you know them personally, since you don't like to call a person racist without knowing them.

just to bring you up to speed...below is the link to to the LA Times article accusing Elder of being the black face of white supremacy. When Senator Tim Scott delivered the Republican response to the state of the union “Uncle Tim”, a reference to “Uncle Tom” trended on Twitter over night. Twitter eventually took it down. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-08-20/recall-candidate-larry-elder-is-a-threat-to-black-californians

Daily Beast article on Owens (with links to many other articles). The author was very careful with her wording, but did bring up Uncle Tom and a tool of white supremacy.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/candace-owens-is-a-willing-tool-of-republican-racists

To be fair, Owens and Edler certainly dish it out, so they need to be able to take it. There are plenty willing to dish it back and using racist language that would get a conservative pundit skewered. Tim Scott didn’t deserve then backlash in my opinion, I guess Twitter eventually agreed.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/29/sen-tim-scott-attacked-as-uncle-tim-on-twitter-after-gop-rebuttal/

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, nic said:

just to bring you up to speed...below is the link to to the LA Times article accusing Elder of being the black face of white supremacy. When Senator Tim Scott delivered the Republican response to the state of the union “Uncle Tim”, a reference to “Uncle Tom” trended on Twitter over night. Twitter eventually took it down. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-08-20/recall-candidate-larry-elder-is-a-threat-to-black-californians

Daily Beast article on Owens (with links to many other articles). The author was very careful with her wording, but did bring up Uncle Tom and a tool of white supremacy.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/candace-owens-is-a-willing-tool-of-republican-racists

To be fair, Owens and Edler certainly dish it out, so they need to be able to take it. There are plenty willing to dish it back and using racist language that would get a conservative pundit skewered. Tim Scott didn’t deserve then backlash in my opinion, I guess Twitter eventually agreed.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/29/sen-tim-scott-attacked-as-uncle-tim-on-twitter-after-gop-rebuttal/

We can all agree that the extreme reactions are ugly and bad.

We can also all agree that Owens, Scott, et al have earned justifiable criticism for their stances.

And we can all agree that conflating those two is as bad as anything you're complaining about in this thread. Nor is that conflating likely to win anyone over, if that's a thing we're interested in.

• Plus1 1