The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

I gotta be honest with you, I think Charlie should be able to hold his little party if he wants to. Pack all of his supporters in there. Get a smaller room. Everyone can shake hands, hug, get real close.

There's no reason this panic demic should spoil Charlie's fun! C'mon!

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If this would have been taken seriously from the very beginning there wouldn't be a need for mass hysteria 

The general public can't handle the unknown, it's why we have Area 51 and don't tell the masses about all the sahdy dealings the government does that we only care about depending whose in office.  Had this happened under Obama's watch and he downplayed it to prolong the panic he would have been praised.  By all means I think Trump and co. pretty obviously dropped the ball with this.  But I'm all for keeping the public in the dark a bit if it prevents Wal Mart bum fights over hand sanitizer.  I don't trust the government, but I also really don't trust the general public when it comes to handling bad news.

6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

@Redux why do you feel the need to just troll P&R for the last 24 hours?

It's not, please don't do that.  You're smarter than that.

25 minutes ago, Redux said:

I know I wish we could have gotten a jump on mass hysteria and been out of TP weeks ago

The TP situation is ridiculous.

But what else about this do you consider "mass hysteria"?

Most people I know and see are just following guidelines and calmly rearranging their lives to fit this new "normal".  There are no riots, and so far all my crazy gun friends haven't had to even steal toilet paper at gunpoint yet.

Do you think the govt and medical professionals have gone to far?  If so, why?  What do you see as reasonable in this situation?

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

The TP situation is ridiculous.

But what else about this do you consider "mass hysteria"?

Most people I know and see are just following guidelines and calmly rearranging their lives to fit this new "normal".  There are no riots, and so far all my crazy gun friends haven't had to even steal toilet paper at gunpoint yet.

Do you think the govt and medical professionals have gone to far?  If so, why?  What do you see as reasonable in this situation?

It's not just TP, it's several items obviously but I digress.

The media is doing it's evil thing of making it scarier than it needs to because all ratings are good ratings, same reason CNN and MSNBC secretly love Trump in the White House to some degree.

The amount of misinformation and people taking it to extremes and people ignoring it is what worries me.  When the bottom falls out, nobody will know how to react or who to actually listen to.  I'm hoping we get a handle on it before then.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

It's not just TP, it's several items obviously but I digress.

The media is doing it's evil thing of making it scarier than it needs to because all ratings are good ratings, same reason CNN and MSNBC secretly love Trump in the White House to some degree.

The amount of misinformation and people taking it to extremes and people ignoring it is what worries me.  When the bottom falls out, nobody will know how to react or who to actually listen to.  I'm hoping we get a handle on it before then.

So did you mean to say "media" hysteria?

Again, where are you seeing people "taking it to extremes"?  I live in Elkhorn, kind of the epicenter of the the Nebraska cases, and I have seen or heard of nothing crazy.

42 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm seriously interested in this.  What is the media reporting that they shouldn't be?