The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

You guys realize many of the same media people calling Trump and others bigoted and racist for calling it a Chinese virus, or the wuhan virus, referred to it as that before Trump ever said it?...

This is another fake outrage from a bunch of fake reporters that are acting like petulant children, and Trump knows they make themselves look stupid when they flail around in their reaction to him saying it. 

Glad to see y'all took the bait... smdh

I didn’t take any bait. I didn’t even know there were “fake” reporters flailing over this. I just asked you a simple question that you have not answered...

Why does it make sense for the President to change it from Corona to Chinese and why do you feel that is not any sort of a problem?

And I don’t care what others may have called it in the past. I’m specifically asking you a question pertaining to what the President did. So please don’t deflect to what “others” may have said or to what some in the media may be doing.

15 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

To clarify, he called it THE Chinese Virus.  If you don’t get the derogatory intent, then there’s no point in continuing this discussion with you. If you do get it, but are okay with it then I’ll just have to smdh.  

LOL or... Chinese propagandists have been trying to pawn the blame off for the origins of the virus, the media and the left have bought that propaganda hook, line, & sinker, and Trump isn't gonna let them off the hook...

I swear, Trump could say he loves oxygen and half the media would hold plastic bags over their face...

• Plus1 2

Responsible, capable leaders look to combat fear, ignorance, and bigotry and work towards educating and calming the country; not trolling them.

Even if the "media and the left" are buying into some propaganda hysteria, the President's job is not to antagonize but to be a sensible voice. You continue to focus on the wrong problems. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Responsible, capable leaders look to combat fear, ignorance, and bigotry and work towards educating and calming the country; not trolling them.

Even if the "media and the left" are buying into some propaganda hysteria, the President's job is not to antagonize but to be a sensible voice. You continue to focus on the wrong problems. 

LOL he's literally the one telling people to be calm. It's the media who's stirring the pot. What's their role supposed to look like? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Can we please not forget that our President has been a lying f#&%face for the duration of his first major crisis? 

And seriously ---- he is the ONLY person in the world calling this The Chinese Virus, well after it was given its official name, which he'd been using for weeks. It was a strategic decision by the world's most thin-skinned xenophobe after realizing people (fake news)! were blaming him for the poor U.S. response, based merely on the s#!t that comes out of his mouth. 

ETKk-Q9XYAASV_B.thumb.jpg.8701dcf9ad93735cadec4c04a9c07f3a.jpg

• Thanks 2

Here's this, which details the rise in Coronavirus-related hate crimes:

On a Monday night in late February, Jonathan Mok was walking down London’s busy Oxford Street, when he was attacked. He was kicked and punched in the face, a beating that resulted in a bruised and swollen eye the size of a golf ball, which he showed to the world in a Facebook post. Mok is twenty-three and Singaporean; he had been studying for the last two years at the University of London. The attack, which he described in his post, was brutal and racially motivated. “The guy who tried to kick me then said, ‘I don’t want your coronavirus in my country,’ ” he wrote, “before swinging another sucker punch at me, which resulted in my face exploding with blood.”

Now, if you can prevent something like that from happening to someone like Jonathan by using the scientifically-designated nomenclature for this, why wouldn't you?

It's pretty obvious. Trump's a race-baiting d!(k with traits similar to oppositional-defiant disorder (ODD) which is ironically a disorder diagnosed in children.

After the presser yesterday he got it in his petty little self-obsessed brain that he can piss a lot of people off by referring to it as "The Chinese virus." He's doing it strictly because he knows people don't want him to. F#ck people like Jonathan, right?

And, of course, he knows there's a legion of galaxy-brained followers who will find the whole thing humorous and get a kick out of how riled up he gets the libtards and the fake news media.

So the rest of us, with the capacity for compassion and empathy and just not being asshats, get to watch knowing more people like Jonathan will have to get their faces beat in because he's got a huge platform and he's gonna just keep doing it.

Trump can't even do the right thing when it's easy.

5 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Peter.gif.174d257feac1390981ded846d3f115e4.gif

3 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

You guys realize many of the same media people calling Trump and others bigoted and racist for calling it a Chinese virus, or the wuhan virus, referred to it as that before Trump ever said it?...

This is another fake outrage from a bunch of fake reporters that are acting like petulant children, and Trump knows they make themselves look stupid when they flail around in their reaction to him saying it. 

Glad to see y'all took the bait... smdh

2 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Seriously... who cares...

2 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It's pretty obvious why he's referring to it as a Chinese virus... multiple reasons...

1. That's literally where it came from 

2. He knows the media are going to make a big deal over it and further exemplify why the media in this country is a propagandized joke

Frankly, I'm tired of people whining about it. Covid-19 originated in China. There's nothing wrong with calling it a Chinese virus...

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Why not call it the Wuhan virus like it was originally called by everyone? Really the virus is SARS 2 but no one wants to call it that, the disease is COVID-19

There's very obviously something intentional that he's doing there. He's looks like an ignorant dumbass to be honest.

@ZRod  I think somebody has something very much in common with Dear Leader....

8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

5000 new US cases today. 68 new deaths up from 41 yesterday. Testing is making more cases visible but this is accelerating rapidly 

As you note, the rapid increase is primarily just finding the cases that were already out there but hadn't been confirmed. Also, the incubation period for the virus is 1-14 days with a mean time of 5 days, so what we'd see even with perfect testing would be a rough average of exposures from 5 days earlier. As social distancing and quarantines are enacted there will be a delay in seeing the results.

So it might not be accelerating.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

LOL or... Chinese propagandists have been trying to pawn the blame off for the origins of the virus, the media and the left have bought that propaganda hook, line, & sinker, and Trump isn't gonna let them off the hook...

I swear, Trump could say he loves oxygen and half the media would hold plastic bags over their face...

It is annoying that the Chinese propagandists are doing this, but unless Chinese leaders are blaming us, Trump should just take the high road on this and ignore the Chinese media.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It is annoying that the Chinese propagandists are doing this, but unless Chinese leaders are blaming us, Trump should just take the high road on this and ignore the Chinese media.  

You're right, but we all know he's not the type to ever take the high road. 

And just to show what I'm talking about with the hypocrisy of this whole fake outrage...

FB_IMG_1584671207958.thumb.jpg.3e55afd9bec64dc61a7e7621b826fb7b.jpg