The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Just now, teachercd said:

Why not still book business, take a deposit as good faith, and do the weddings later?  I mean...it should still work out unless the groom wisens up and calls it off.

They are scheduled out for the most part the rest of 2020. The events for the next 8 weeks are in the process of rescheduling. That isn't too bad. But if the restrictions continue, your model doesn't work in reality. Brides will start asking for refunds and seeking alternative plans. And deposits alone don't pay all the bills. 

Here's a tale of incompetence in two tweets.

First, when we need Trump & his team to be engaged and at the forefront of mitigating this pandemic, they're... AWOL.

Next, when we need simple, direct answers to these issues, the buck does NOT stop with Trump. Granted, he wouldn't know the answer if someone explained it to him anyway, but this is not leadership.

THIS is why you are a bad person if you vote for Trump in 2020.  Honest people made mistakes in 2016. This would not be a mistake today. This would be outright perfidy.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

This guy is a reporter for the NYT? Has he even looked at the numbers? China basically locked down and nearly stopped the spread of the virus. They have less than 100 new confirmed cases each day.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china/

Eh. Why would we believe the numbers coming from an authoritarian regime?

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

This guy is a reporter for the NYT? Has he even looked at the numbers? China basically locked down and nearly stopped the spread of the virus. They have less than 100 new confirmed cases each day.

I think you're saying the same thing.

• We can't trust the numbers coming out of China; AND
  • They are locking cities down (draconian measures).

16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

North Korea is reporting zero cases...that one I believe...not even the coronavirus would want to go to that place.

can't find the Tweet right now...but it went something like:

NKorea reports first totals for Coronavirus :

11:20 - 1

11:25 - 0

12:03 - 1

12:08 - 0

12:34 - 1

12:39 - 0

(etc etc etc)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Here's a tale of incompetence in two tweets.

First, when we need Trump & his team to be engaged and at the forefront of mitigating this pandemic, they're... AWOL.

Next, when we need simple, direct answers to these issues, the buck does NOT stop with Trump. Granted, he wouldn't know the answer if someone explained it to him anyway, but this is not leadership.

THIS is why you are a bad person if you vote for Trump in 2020.  Honest people made mistakes in 2016. This would not be a mistake today. This would be outright perfidy.

Eh. Why would we believe the numbers coming from an authoritarian regime?

Maybe don't trust the number entirely, but what they did worked (for now). I don't think anyone will deny that. There were WHO scientist on the ground who saw what was going on so that's a little bit of independent confirmation. They took extreme measures which everyone agrees would improve the situation, they worked doctors to death, and are starting to get back to normalcy. Production is probably back to 80 to 90% in most places (that's what I'm gathering from the updates we've received from Chinese suppliers we work with), but the supply chain has been majorly disrupted. I don't think we would be seeing progress from our supply base if there were still large cases of new infection occurring. So something has improved.

• Plus1 2