Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

I think I found something like the driving numbers were only down 5% so that's probably where he was getting his number.  But I'm not sure that really tells a whole lot because it doesn't speak to gathering size.  So I'm sure the number is somewhere in between.  Probably not a huge reduction but likely more than the 5% he claimed.

• Plus1 1

I traveled for thanksgiving. However, we didn't have a family gathering and my household was around less people (basically no one) than if I stayed home. The roads were a lot less busy than past years. Most years I would have traveled to Nebraska and ended up at a huge family gathering. Sometimes getting out of town and to a place where you won't interact with people isn't a bad thing. 

• Plus1 1

I know that lame a$$ study said it isn't the schools and the kids...but it is 100% the schools and the kids that are spreading it.  It just is.

My HS students are great about wearing masks during the day, they suck at social distancing and I know they all hang out with each other all weekend, maskless and on top of each other and feeling fine...and spreading it over and over to each other and to their parents.  

There is a nice little K-8 school by me that has 10% of their students out each day because of covid and being locked down.  Those freaking kids are all touching each other and playing grab a$$ all day.  Which means if 10% are out...another 25% are at school and have it, without knowing it.

So now you got another 150 kids just in that one building that are walking around with it.  It is why that school has had 5 teachers/staff members test positive in the last month.

• Thanks 1