The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Not sure what you mean here. I have voted for Ds and Rs just about evenly, not just in Presidential races,  since turning 18 many moons ago. 

From what I can gather it is the polite way of saying that if you do not agree with him/her on how to vote, you are wrong. 

• TBH 3
2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Voters don't change their minds nor do they vote based on reality.

My mom voted all Republican until 2004 and voted for John Kerry, not a great candidate, because she didn't like Bush anymore. And now gradually over time she has started to vote for more and more Democrats. In 2000 she was 53.

That said, I don't think many Trump voters in 2020 would change their vote over anything that has happened since.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I believe, with mountains of evidence that purchasing power has been eroded over the course of these three years.  You choose to not believe that despite mountains of evidence. 

Purchasing power has eroded since the election of Ronald Reagan more than 40 years ago. 

Savvy readers will note that the past three years align with an unprecented global pandemic and the global inflation that came with it. Mountains of evidence reveal that Joe Biden's America has emerged considerably better than allies and rivals of all political stripes. 

IIRC, you recently claimed gas prices were hardship for which Biden should be held accountable. Now that gas prices have declined, I'm sure we can count on your vote. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

My mom voted all Republican until 2004 and voted for John Kerry, not a great candidate, because she didn't like Bush anymore. And now gradually over time she has started to vote for more and more Democrats. In 2000 she was 53.

That said, I don't think many Trump voters in 2020 would change their vote over anything that has happened since.

Trump got 74,223,369 votes in 2020

I bet you (a friendly wager) he gets 10% less if he ends up being the R nominee.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't think you believe this. You clearly know Trump's extremism was blatant and bats#!t the first two times you voted for him, and even in that 2020 loss

No one believes this but hardcore non/never Trumpers

Given the chance to rally around a non-Trump candidate, Republicans have done just the opposite.

Agreed

Donald Trump has actually used the multiple legal cases against him, including straight up treason

And Democrats have been happy to have those cases elevate Trump.  It’s what they hoped to happen knowing the other candidates would likely beat The Big Guy easily  

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1

IIRC, you recently claimed gas prices were hardship for which Biden should be held accountable. Now that gas prices have declined, I'm sure we can count on your vote. 

I don’t vote based on gas prices :thumbs  The price of cheese and Kate Spade purses though, that’s another story! 

• Plus1 2

18 minutes ago, Decked said:

I’m not sure who is worse. The pro trump crowd who makes him their entire personality or the anti-trumpers who do the same. 

Every once in a while someone comes along that is awful enough and influential enough that begs anyone decent to actively stand against.

And then alongside those folks are a bunch of virtue signaling opportunists desperate to pat themselves on the back.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Decked said:

I’m not sure who is worse. The pro trump crowd who makes him their entire personality or the anti-trumpers who do the same. 

It really is a crazy thing.   People can’t get over him.  It’s like they need him in their lives to exist, whether to love him or hate him.  

Once people understand politicians are just useful idiots for us and know they can/should be discarded when no longer useful, those people will be better off emotionally 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election