Northwestern Week Pressers

Mavric

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Watching the Iowa game...Ramsey makes those WRs better than they are. Then again, Iowa may be in the throes of it's own self-inflicted dumpster fire hell, so it may not have been a good test. 

As long as our DBs and Safety are disciplined and Chin quits spotting offenses 30 yards on pass coverage (hyperbole, folks) we can lock NW down and focus on stopping their run.  

Haha.  A 12 yard cushion when 8 yards is needed is more correct:D (and not hyperbole)

I haven't watched a press conference in a while. I usually just read the transcripts and highlights. Frost's face says a lot. He's damn tired of watching practice. I hope that translates into coming out with a whole case of whoop ass this weekend.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, GSG said:

I haven't watched a press conference in a while. I usually just read the transcripts and highlights. Frost's face says a lot. He's damn tired of watching practice. I hope that translates into coming out with a whole case of whoop ass this weekend.

Yea I hope they get their chance to take out what seems like years of frustration on Saturday.  It'd be nice if they could get up early and just beat the snot of Northwestern.

40 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Excited to see Farmer and Newsome get some serious playing time in the first half this game. Should be a great game to break in a few new players in the secondary with the lack of a deep threat at Northwestern. Only hesitation is that Ramsey is a legit QB. 

Is Ramsey all that good though?  I guess he's better than Northwestern QB's of the past, but I still think he's pretty average.  Against Iowa, he wasn't asked to do much with only 18 pass attempts.  He did have 12 carries for 26 yards, and that can help keep NU honest against the RB-run game, but Ramsey is a replacement-level QB IMO.

24 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Is Ramsey all that good though?  I guess he's better than Northwestern QB's of the past, but I still think he's pretty average.  Against Iowa, he wasn't asked to do much with only 18 pass attempts.  He did have 12 carries for 26 yards, and that can help keep NU honest against the RB-run game, but Ramsey is a replacement-level QB IMO.

Did you blank out his last game in Lincoln?

Screenshot_20201105-154158_ESPN.thumb.jpg.55c50a3e9b5f547bc4ff8f2494645d7a.jpg

I agree he isn't Justin Fields, but he's better than you're giving him credit for.  I simply think they don't have many WR but don't sleep on them.  

• Plus1 4

17 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Definitely not saying he is all conference material - but he is under appreciated. As pointed out by runningblind, he played well and hurt us in the Indiana game last year. All I'm saying is don't sleep on Ramsey, he's a good enough QB to win games with his play (as opposed to needing to rely on defense and etc).

5 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Definitely not saying he is all conference material - but he is under appreciated. As pointed out by runningblind, he played well and hurt us in the Indiana game last year. All I'm saying is don't sleep on Ramsey, he's a good enough QB to win games with his play (as opposed to needing to rely on defense and etc).

I forgot that he was the QB for Indiana when they beat NU last year.  Ramsey is probably an improvement over NW's past QB's, but from what I saw against Iowa, I wasn't blown away.

34 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I forgot that he was the QB for Indiana when they beat NU last year.  Ramsey is probably an improvement over NW's past QB's, but from what I saw against Iowa, I wasn't blown away.

Iowa does have a very good pass defense pretty much every year, I think Ramsey is underrated by most. I think the Iowa game was a combination of a good defense and very limited weapons. He's not a game-breaker or anything, but he's hyper-efficient and has enough mobility to make some things happen. He's like a Joe Ganz for me.

I don't think he can quite carry them though, Bajakian needs to find his RBs. Anderson might work as the lightning, but they need more than 3.2 YPC from their lead back. And that's not just Iowa, Maryland held Bowser to 3.0 YPC on 20+ attempts.