***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He's actually potentially hurting himself. I posted it earlier but wanting Arizona and Nevada counted and not the others could hurt him in court (if any of this gets that far). His best chance at trying to cheat it this way was to "graciously" cede Nevada and Arizona to Biden and fight to stop the vote there too.

There is no such thing as "stopping the vote count" in court. The best he can hope for is to invalidate an election (never happens) or get a recount under new parameters.  So it's likely in Trump's interest to have as many bombs against the vote counters as possible. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Moiraine said:

He's actually potentially hurting himself. I posted it earlier but wanting Arizona and Nevada counted and not the others could hurt him in court (if any of this gets that far). 

I think it absolutely would. Almost any judge would look at the behavior with a quizzical eye. He and his legal team are throwing Hail Mary's hoping something will stick, and it's all incredibly-on brand. This has as much to do with perception and personality than it does anything else.

The man sought legal action over 53 votes in Georgia. 53. Not 53,000. Not 530,000. 53. 

I will never fully understand his existence as a President of the United States.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

There is no such thing as "stopping the vote count" in court. The best he can hope for is to invalidate an election (never happens) or get a recount under new parameters.  So it's likely in Trump's interest to have as many bombs against the vote counters as possible. 

Considering we're talking about Trump and his supporters, when you say "bombs", you're not talking about explosives, right?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I think that's his primary focus now - he's trying to sow distrust in the process more than anything else. So far, there's virtually no credible evidence to suggest fraud at the level Trump apparently wishes or claims it exists.

But, in the unlikely chance any of this ended up in court, a judge is likely going to draw attention to the hypocrisy of these claims.

What people have to remember about litigation too, particularly for someone with Trump's wealth and power, is it often has very little to do with the actual facts and truth. It's about perception and, in this case, trying to create confusion.

55 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I think that's his primary focus now - he's trying to sow distrust in the process more than anything else. So far, there's virtually no credible evidence to suggest fraud at the level Trump apparently wishes or claims it exists.

No but their cannot be evidence at this point in time. There's only rumors flying around social media. But certain states have only themselves to blame.  Weeks ago they intentionally changed their elections in a way that makes them less credible regardless of who won.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

No but their cannot be evidence at this point in time. There's only rumors flying around social media. But certain states have only themselves to blame.  Weeks ago they intentionally changed their elections in a way that makes them less credible regardless of who won.

less credible only to the far right RINOs.   

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

It's not wokeness insomuch that the typical Republican voter is skewing more towards uneducated, low to lower middle class, and because the middle class and the educated have been in the crosshairs of the vermin infesting the GOP currently, things like upward mobility, affordable access to quality post-secondary education, and a societal premium on expertise and knowledge have been shoved to the side.

I think Hillary called them the "deplorables"......

Biden said he will be the president for all Americans 

We'll see if the deplorables and uneducated make the cut 

• Plus1 1