***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think we are starting to see the Republicans finally seeing the writing on the wall and jumping ship.

At this point, the presidential election is political theater.

The GOP has the senate. 

Even in Colorado where Hickenlooper unseated the incumbent Republican Gardner it isn't a big deal.  Hickenlooper is very business and oil friendly.  There are reasons Hick had zero chance in his short run for the Dem presidential nomination.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

But you voted for him.

Even for those who are 100% sure the midwestern vote is on the up and up, you should concede it looks suspicious when the heavily biased precincts are held back until early the next morning.  That was a common machine tactic in the good ole days so they would know what margin they needed.

From what I've read today, most of the precincts labeled here as "heavily biased" have experienced reporting delays in the past and even did so during the 2016 election.

I haven't see enough legitimate evidence to warrant reasonable suspicion at this point.

18 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

But you voted for him.

Even for those who are 100% sure the midwestern vote is on the up and up, you should concede it looks suspicious when the heavily biased precincts are held back until early the next morning.  That was a common machine tactic in the good ole days so they would know what margin they needed.

Did you not pay attention to any of the court decisions lately? A lot of these states wanted to start counting early and the GOP fought it.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Trump's lead in Pennsylvania is now below 300K votes.  His lead has gone from 460K to the 293K with the last 5% of the vote being counted.  PA is now at ~85% of votes counted.

Ya if the pace continues Biden will win.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

The mood is darkening as "Trump is bleeding GOP support," source close to White House says

A source close to the White House said it's becoming apparent that GOP officials are beginning to lose patience with some of President Trump's behavior as he baselessly claims fraud is robbing him of the presidency. 

Trump is "bleeding GOP support," said the source, who described the President's complaints as an "ambulance chasing routine."

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Redux said:

I don't like how close this is because regardless of who ends up taking Michigan and Wisconsin, the loser has a legitimate way of crying foul.  Trump started hedging that bet last night, then CNN started spinning it into something else bladda blah blah.

Reveal hidden contents

:facepalm:

I don't think they do have a legitimate reason. So far there is nothing fishy going on, and it's been buisness as usual minus the higher turnout of mail in ballots for obvious reasons.

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, Redux said:

I guess I'm not following, was his dispute over results in a close race ever in question?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Trump made clear in the weeks before the election what he was going to do on election night. Not just vague suggestions but specifics such as calling the votes being counted in Pennsylvania as fraud and having the Supreme Court give him the victory.

• Plus1 2
31 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Just FYI... I think last night Wayne county wasn't reporting. That's the county that houses Detroit and it's immediate communities, which are high minority populations. A huge number of those votes likely would have been going to Biden. Also, the state couldn't even start counting absentee ballots until yesterday.

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Did you not pay attention to any of the court decisions lately? A lot of these states wanted to start counting early and the GOP fought it.

Ya if the pace continues Biden will win.

I'll concede it's true about early counting.  Not what I said originally.  I meant which jurisdictions were oddly held back for late declaring.

Social media is of course exploding with allegations

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I'll concede it's true about early counting.  Not what I said originally. 

Social media is of course exploding with allegations

"Why was counting paused?"

Do they expect us to believe they don't realize people sleep? These questions are laughably obtuse.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm not sure what you're asking. Trump made clear in the weeks before the election what he was going to do on election night. Not just vague suggestions but specifics such as calling the votes being counted in Pennsylvania as fraud and having the Supreme Court give him the victory.

I'm not asking anything, he made it clear he wouldn't accept a loss.  Everyone knew that.