***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

I love this fact. I always bring it up when someone brings up Nebraska being a red state...too bad they gerrymandered the hell out of the Lincoln district or that one would have gone for Biden too. 

Trump got something like 542K votes in Nebraska.

Biden got 360K. 

It's not JUST a red state, no matter what people like to believe. All that rural farmland doesn't vote. 

Just now, knapplc said:

Trump got something like 542K votes in Nebraska.

Biden got 360K. 

It's not JUST a red state, no matter what people like to believe. All that rural farmland doesn't vote. 

This is why I thought Trump was a damned moron for only trying to help states that voted for him and withholding help for states that didn't support him. Some of those states voted like 55-45 or 60-40 for Clinton. THAT'S A s#!t TON OF PEOPLE. Yet this petty a$$h@!e still gets a lot of people voting for him.

Anyhow, Trump's lead in PA has shrunk to 6.1% from 12.7% 12 hours ago.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

This is why I thought Trump was a damned moron for only trying to help states that voted for him and withholding help for states that didn't support him. Some of those states voted like 55-45 or 60-40 for Clinton. THAT'S A s#!t TON OF PEOPLE. Yet this petty a$$h@!e still gets a lot of people voting for him.

Anyhow, Trump's lead in PA has shrunk to 6.1% from 12.7% 12 hours ago.

The last 1% counted cut Trump's lead by 25K votes.  Even at that pace, it will be really close at the end.

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The general themes seem to be "Fraud!!!!", "Dark Winter" under Biden, and of course, "Civil War"

Lols.

It's expected of course. Dems shouted and shouted in 2016 about 'not my president' and any other hyperbolic doom they could muster. Truth is - most of us are going to just keep living our lives.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, ZRod said:

As someone now married to a nurse; quite frequently in the months of March, April, and May this year. Then almost every time I see the stock market tank after a Trump tweet. Then when my friends get stuck outside the country trying to update their work visas.

That's a cool philosophy and all, but if Roosevelt decided not to fight the Nazis and Japanese would the Jews, Gypsies, Pols, Gays, Chinese, Filipinos, etc. who died be a lack of personal responsibility on the individual American?

As one of my favorite movie quotes goes "Attitude reflects leadership, Captain." People look to leaders for guidance, advice, and support. As a leader your words matter and they have great power. Anyone in business should understand this basic concept. This is pretty basic sociological stuff, and covered in all kinds of communication s courses. It's how society functions. Change doesn't happen without leadership. I've sat on quite a few calls where a decision needs to be made and there is dead silence until a leader steps up and drives the team towards a resolution.

I'm all for personal accountability, but ignoring the obvious sociology involved seems like a mistake.

Ha...we just covered some of this in sociology the other day.  That is funny.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm sure your Trump family/friends are curled up on the couch, listening to Johnny Cash's version of Hurt on a continuous loop.

Sorry, but if you listen to the lyrics of this song, it requires a large amount of self-awareness and selflessness that isn't possible or plausible to expect in Trump supporters. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Biden led trump in every poll throughout this whole thing, before Biden had even won the nomination.

Covid won't cost trump the election. trump will cost trump the election. People are sick of him, and voted accordingly.

I think you're mistaken. Covid almost certainly cost Trump the election. I thought this year would be a repeat of 2004 when W somehow won even though he was disliked, but covid completely changed the dynamics of this election. We'll never know for sure, but IMO Biden loses without covid maybe even gets beat badly by Trump.